New FiT rate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe the news today about the fit. This just shows what plonkers we have running our country just now!! The solar industry was just getting into first gear and now it's going to stall!!! At least pv installers will have a good christmas being busy until the start of December. Is just a pity that 2012 looks bleak . David Cameron we salute you for pulling the rug from below our feet. And I'm sure it won't be the last time. !!

I think the Green Deal (mentioned in the Napit announcement ^^^) may yet save the day for the installers, but it may be a bleak winter until this is up to speed next year. Hopefully the rent a roof companies will have less of the market though, so better for the electricians who offer PV as a sideline.

I've got two 4 kW installs in Lincoln that need doing before 12th december if anyone can get done for father in law and his neighbour. They've signed up with local firm but not installing till Feb 2012.

Cheers Wayne

Apparently in N.ireland their feed in is 15p and the solar industry is still growing, I have to research this to verify it but could it be we have had it too good?

Apparently in N.ireland their feed in is 15p and the solar industry is still growing, I have to research this to verify it but could it be we have had it too good?
did rather encorage a feeding frenzy, but that's what attracted me to retrain! Sometimes you need a fat carrott to get things moving. people have been intererested for a long time, but as they see friends and neighbours systems working well, they were just strting to convert interest to action. This is what is most frustrating about the whole thing. We knew it wouldn't last past April, so why drag it forward 4 months?

Well - blow me down with a feather.

One of the local AMs has emailed back; wanting to have a meeting to discuss the points & comments raised!!!!! Maybe I said summat right? Sod the Solar - I`m going to retrain as a politician :slap

I put my thoughts on there on Saturday - I think the fact that there consultation finishes AFTER the proposals start is abysmal......

Further thought - do you suppose I`m being cynical, or might the "big six" energy companies be worried about too many people needing much less of "their" `leccy - so they`ve pushed the government into this??

This Government is desperate for good news, and energy bills rising is very bad news when times are hard, ergo I think Leccy companies have successfully lobbied to avoid paying FiT on grounds that it will keep bills down. Trouble is we will never really know the truth.

Just been to quote for one this morning. Its in a conservation area, the guys going to need planning permision, highly doubt it will come through in time.

No surprises here...Obviously the payback time will be doubled;

and the project will become less attractive and certainly less

so for the Old Greys among us.

I would rather there was a slow reduction of the FIT if there

was going to be one at all.

I was asked to partcicipate in just such a venture early on this

year; I am glad now that I chose not to commit. I would have

been throwing money at it and losing out hand over fist on start

up costs.

Just wait until the BIG argument starts between Cameron and Clegg

on nuclear power; am I right in saying that the lib dems closed the

door to it years ago?

Zee...take your point about the survival of the Euro.

In Italy, as I heard over the w/e, so many families are

so wealthy that the budget deficit could be solved by

government legislation that taxes these private riches.

Irrespective of this, it may be the end of the Bunga-

Bunga parties so beloved of the Italian PM....and they

have the IMF crawling all over them...that means that

a rescue package has already been agreed.

Someone opined on Saturday; Things are back to

normal already...Robocop Sarkozy and Merkel falling

out as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts