nvq 2357 level 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terry1969

Reaction score
hi i was looking at doing this NVQ as want to change my career just need advice etc its with a private college and will cost

looked at the site in preston if the same 800 i wish want 3000 for a domestic courses lol

Sounds like a lot of money, or is that over three years? If three years at full cost (no Government funding)it's probably about right. 2357 is not an NVQ, it's a Level 3 diploma which combines knowledge units (equivalent to the 2330 or 2365 technical certificates)and performance units (equivalent to the 2356 NVQ). To complete the diploma you need to be working on site at least part time because most of the evidence for the performance units must be gathered from real jobs.

Another possible route for you is to go for the 2356 technical certificate (cheaper than 2330 as there is some Government funding for adults, 2330 only funded for 16-19 year olds)and if you are working on site enrol on the 2356 NVQ, if you're not on site you could carry on with the 2356 tech. certs. & have these mapped across to 2357 knowledge units & do the performance units when you get work in the trade (2356 registrations end in December this year).

It's probably worth talking to your local FE college, but hurry, they'll be looking to fill the last few places as term is just starting.

thanks brian yes about 3 yrs with private company and yeah have to get on site for half of it which i hope to get part time etc. but if not NVQ is it a proper qualification and its recognized in the field cheers terry

thanks brian yes about 3 yrs with private company and yeah have to get on site for half of it which i hope to get part time etc. but if not NVQ is it a proper qualification and its recognized in the field cheers terry
Yes it is a proper qualification, it should give you the same standing as someone who has done the L2 & L3 2330 tech. certs & the 2356 L3 NVQ. From last year Summit Skills (the Sector Skills Council) ruled that all new apprentices would have to take the 2357 diploma rather than the previous 2330/2356 route.

Adults & non apprentices can still take the 2330 & 2356 but do not get any funding so these qualifications are gradually disappearing.

Latest posts