NVQ Level 3, north east

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky Dan

Reaction score
Well, two years at college feels like a waste at the moment, everything not going good, thought i would have come out of college with a job, insted im stuck doing part time work :( !

Ive compleated my electrotechnical technology certificates level 2 and 3 also compleated performing engineering operations levels 1 and 2, and gained practical experiance while i have been at college.

ive applied to basically every electrician in my town and surronding areas and ive got nowhere, either i havent got a reply to my letters and CVs or they have no jobs.

Also i am willing to work for free, just to get some more experiance in the trade.

Anyone tell me where i am going wrong!? :(

Or anyone willing to help me out and tell me companys that might be taking people on :)

Dan :)

Are you applying for a job as an electrician's mate? Thats what I had to do for a few years to build up the experience I needed.

Keep your chin up.

Your doing nothing wrong , the only problem is self employed sparks and companies have bigger issues at the moment , like how to get more work , it's difficult out there at the moment , and to take sone one one even if there free is hard work ,

Just remember that every one is trying to get work at the moment , you need to make your self stand out , go and literally bang on doors , people remember a face .

Good luck

Latest posts