Oil boiler install by heating engineer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvey

Reaction score
Had a new oil fired boiler installed by heating engineer the other day ,left him and his mate to it .It took 3 days. I couldn t beleive what a mess he left to clear up on the floor also his wiring was 3rd rate nowhere near up to BS 7671 standards .He is earning more than me with rock bottom standards

Why did it take 2 men 3 days to do a like for like boiler change?

Shortly after I built my house, the boiler packed in. It had a leaking main water jacket. It was replaced under warranty. ONE man removed the old and fitted the new on one day.

Oh and it is VERY doubtful he was an Engineer, god this p15535 me off, these cowboys are not going to make Engineers as long as they have a hole in their ar53.

Oh and it is VERY doubtful he was an Engineer, god this p15535 me off, these cowboys are not going to make Engineers as long as they have a hole in their ar53.
agreed! and what about the other self promoting titles Technician FFS Nail Technician! WTF is that about!!!! Bejayzus, you've only got [usually] 10 fingers. So 10 replacement nails in the box, bit of glue, bit of gripfill, big file. Any nails left at end of job, you have probably missed one!!

Barrista..............kettle boiler

Sales 'Executive'...., botherer

Tele sales 'Executive'...phone botherer

Sandwich artist..........butty maker

here on the local Council we have a 'Cabinet Member with Portfolio for the Environment'....in charge of the bins and road sweeping!!

rant finishes................... :coat

agreed! and what about the other self promoting titles Technician FFS Nail Technician! WTF is that about!!!! Bejayzus, you've only got [usually] 10 fingers. So 10 replacement nails in the box, bit of glue, bit of gripfill, big file. Any nails left at end of job, you have probably missed one!!Barrista..............kettle boiler

Sales 'Executive'...., botherer

Tele sales 'Executive'...phone botherer

Sandwich artist..........butty maker

here on the local Council we have a 'Cabinet Member with Portfolio for the Environment'....in charge of the bins and road sweeping!!

rant finishes................... :coat
I'm a Technician Kerch;) ;) ; )

No I really am and I have the papers to prove it:)

I was Noz, then I became an Engineer, & I have the papers & independent assessments to prove it, what gets me are the self proclaimed titles!

Heating Engineer being one.

TW4T5

Was this a condensing boiler to condensing boiler swap or a non condensing to condensing boiler swap?

If the latter the work is notifiable.

Also all new boilers should be of the condensing type so building regs dont allow non condensing to non condensing swaps.

Hope this makes sense!

Latest posts