panel board / metering advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodaire

Reaction score
looking at a rewire for a block of 8 apartments, have a 3 phase supply in the basement, been asked to provide seperate metering next to the supply authorities meter.

be running an swa (not sure of size but possibly for 63amp single phase supply) to cu in each apartment

maybe also need to install a 3 phase board in the basement

can anyone suggest a fairly simple (easiest) way of providing this, are there any panel boards with meters already mounted etc...

apprieciate any help you can offer

this is just for the landlord to be able to split/charge, supply authority only want to put the 1 meter in

Best way is to put meters on each out going leg to the flats, after the installed meters.

They will normally put 3 meters in one for each phase.

If the landlord is going to put card or key meters in they will have to be placed in each flat, for obvious reasons, if they are not then they can be placed where the landlord can see them normally in the downstairs lobby area.

I would take the supplies up to each flat in swa, would be far too inconveniant if you had to rcd them, especially if the meter cuboard was locked at all times.

Hello Hodaire welcome to the forum. I think mem and hager do meters that can be installed in there switchgear but for eight outlets it may be cost effective to put a single phase meter for each flat.

Batty

you can single or dual module din rail mounted units - quite handy when you have several to fit in a limited space :)

O.

I find that fitting standard meters is often the cheapest way, i obtain mine from http://www.stephenpwales.co.uk/ but

I am sure i fitted a square D dist board before and they do a metering unit made for the board, turned out a nice job but im sure it worked out more expensive than the standard meter way

I found it now, the part no for the meter is KQ250MET, this can only be used on 250a board.

If you are using a 125a board then go with the ones which have ES at the end of the part no, this stands for extra service which has a 16 way din rail enclosure built in the board so it can house any extras which are din rail mountable, ie standard meters

This is the brochure http://www.schneider-electric.co.uk/internet/pws/literature.nsf/luAllByID/PBEU-6VEHYJ/$file/LoadCentre_KQII_Distribution_boards_SQD5731.V2.pdf/

Latest posts