Passing the 2391

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamoggy

Reaction score
I've now looked at 3 mocks and ask myself, how on earth am I going to pass it !!!!

No wonder the pass mark is so low.

Do the exam board have for example 10 papers and issue any one from them?

They used to; dunno if its still the case, or if they`ve increased the number of papers they use....

"how are you going to pass it"? - I would say that a lot of reading, combined with an understanding of, not only what to do, but why you do it; combined with knowledge of the correct terminology, is most of the pass.

HTH

KME

I sat it in June ,

They have 5 papers for this year and next year they will make up another 5 and so on,I would go with KME what he is saying a lot of reading the GN3 and a lot more until you are sick of it get to know the book inside out and the main one is terminology

I sat it in June ,They have 5 papers for this year and next year they will make up another 5 and so on,I would go with KME what he is saying a lot of reading the GN3 and a lot more until you are sick of it get to know the book inside out and the main one is terminology
really?

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/student-learning-zone-c-g-2330-levels-2-3-c-g-2381-c-g-2391-other-co/16912-another-resistance-one.html#post226890

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/student-learning-zone-c-g-2330-levels-2-3-c-g-2381-c-g-2391-other-co/16911-question-about-resistance.html#post226840

I sat it in June ,They have 5 papers for this year and next year they will make up another 5 and so on,I would go with KME what he is saying a lot of reading the GN3 and a lot more until you are sick of it get to know the book inside out and the main one is terminology
5 papers for this term? Wonder how to get hold of them?

To be honest with you; and PLEASE don`t take this wrong.

If you feel the need to get the exam paper in question, and revise it before the exam, don`t you feel you`ve cheated yourself? I thought the whole idea was to have sufficient knowledge and skills to pass the exam by knowing your subject; rather than looking up the answers to a series of questions, and revising those questions (and answer sheets) "parrot-fashion".

I don`t suppose many would admit to it, but I`d be interested to know how many people went into that exam without having tried to look up the precise set of questions they`re expecting to get.

As I said, don`t take offence, it isn`t a criticism; just my personal view of it.

KME

yep steptoe

Ive seen threads put on this place by Administrator,is this not what the site is about getting the old cogs working again and helping people out, and it might get some one else thinking thats how you work that out ?

to be honest just work hard, the paper is not hard at all.... i finished the exam with plenty of time to spare, and i am not a fast writer..

to be honest just work hard, the paper is not hard at all.... i finished the exam with plenty of time to spare, and i am not a fast writer..
I've done 2330 level 2 and level 3 finishing in June , I've got about 3 months site experience and not much testing experience. Im studying like mad at home but it's really tough. Well, the mocks I have are tough. It's getting me down now if I'm honest.

Im sitting mine next month, just getting stuck into gn3, exam success and brian scaddens inspect, test and certification. Not looking forward to it, even less to the long wait for results :(

I've read GN3 a couple of times and got the exam success book too.

It just seems there's quite a few questions in the mocks I've seen where the answers aren't in GN3

the first 20 questions are passable but it's the ones from 21-26 that will be my downfall I think

Exam booked for oct 20th so plentry of time yet

The most useful thing I did while I was revising was to write down a clear example of how to do each of the tests from start to finish. Including remember to safely isolate, which instrument to use, what results to expect etc. I then read them constantly. I really wanted to make sure that I got the full marks for those questions because they were bound to come up.

Good luck and don't give up!

Is the control board likely to make us sit a previous exam of of few years ago or they updated each year as skystorm has suggested?

If you revise correctly and have a good understanding of the subject you will pass no matter what paper they give you.

Section 2 requires you to interpret a description and only use the information relevant to the question, if you make sure you know GN3 inside out it will help you to extract the infor you need,

Learn the tests and how to do them in bullet points, all safety related points are normally worth 2 marks. ie - safely isolate the suppy etc etc

Good Luck

The 2391; No, not easy; it should not be. C & G do a superb study guide with two complete papers with marks analysis. I failed mine first time and then refined my answering technique.

Bingo. Write your answers as method statements so anyone can pick up your script and perform the tests and achieve the same result.

Always write all calculations out in full, use bullet points, refine your sketches and remember the most marks are in part 2.

Best of luck.

quick note,

use CORRECT TERMINOLOGY

do NOT use MAIN EARTH

it is a non existent cable, I have NEVER ever came across one in my entire 6&1/2 years in this game .!

;)