Perhaps I’m losing my understanding?????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How councils make their decisions is beyond me, on one hand they are trying to stop the high street dying and on the other hand they want to ban vehicles accessing the town and city centres. So how do the companies on the High street service their premises without greatly increasing their overheads and ultimately the shelf price of goods

How councils make their decisions is beyond me, on one hand they are trying to stop the high street dying and on the other hand they want to ban vehicles accessing the town and city centres. So how do the companies on the High street service their premises without greatly increasing their overheads and ultimately the shelf price of goods
well you’ve heard of park and ride for the consumer, rumour is the horse and cart is making a comeback to take the deliveries to the store from lorry parks! :C  

either that or they’ll use tractors to pull the trailers in for delivery as we all know tractors seem to be exempt from most traffic laws? :C  

How councils make their decisions is beyond me, 

Take Woking for example - the town centre is undergoing transformation with loads of new shops, loads of flats - with little or no parking and whilst the development work is going on 1 of the major car parks has been demolished.

Now parking has been increased to £1.50 per hour and buses are very expensive

Then there is Mclaren - a hugely important employer - they aren't allowed to expand their parking on their out of town site so ............ they rent places in Woking car parks, meaning their staff queue into the car parks, and the shuttle buses do the same. Some staff are now parking closer to work, in roads where parking isn't monitored - driving residents MAD. Common sense would say allow Mclaren to expand its parking to reduce the congestion in the town centre - but I suspect the council needs the revenue ............... talk about conflict of interest.

So Woking is terrible to park in, and people wonder why the shops are struggling. On line retailers anyone!