Pme Upgrade

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Chaps been a bit busy waiting for phone calls lately so sorry for not visiting.

I am a bit confused doing two small extentions at the moment they are back to back, one house is pme the other as far as i can see is tt but i cant find an earth stake outside. Quick Zs reading taken from socket in the pme house 0.26 all o.k.Same test in tt house first reading 100 ohms (indicating tt) later on did test again without changing anything, reading obtained 0.56 hence my confusion!.

I am wondering if i am getting something coming from next door via water pipe ect.My main question is do i phone the electric supplyer or the DNO ? and should i ask them to pme the tt house or would you suggest i fit a new earth stake and keep it tt.do they charge to upgrade to pme?

I am always grateful for all your responses many thanks in advance ssab. ?:| ? :|

thanks guys i will ring them in the morning thought someone might reply to a well thought out post but maybe your all enjoying the lovely weather. :_| :_|

thanks ext i think i will bang a new rod in then cheaper than 75 quid !. :( ;)
I don't encounter many TT's, but I'm surprised you've got one next to a PME..

:|

thats why i am confused? :|
So clearly in the PME property, you can see the HED and the associated earthing..

So what exactly do you see in the other property?

?:|

yes to the first part

in the other property all i see is the main fuse head ,cable from outside enters the bottom of the head but no pme sticker or earth cable emerging from it, from my original post does the values quoted make sense to you

yes to the first part in the other property all i see is the main fuse head ,cable from outside enters the bottom of the head but no pme sticker or earth cable emerging from it, from my original post does the values quoted make sense to you
Could it be the earth is simply missing?... :D

(Is there provision at the HED for the earth?)

i havent opened it up as yet can,t remember if it is sealed or not
Further visual inspection required I think..

As for your conflicting measurements, again perhaps another look in particular inside the CU/Fuseboard.

Just my thoughts, be nice to hear from Special Location or KME on this one..

wish i had took a picture but all you can see is as i described
Then the low reading (If you can find no earth), is perhaps from the Main Bonding?

(I've never seen lower than 1 ohm yet from bonding)

Check the MET...

Further visual inspection required I think..As for your conflicting measurements, again perhaps another look in particular inside the CU/Fuseboard.

Just my thoughts, be nice to hear from Special Location or KME on this one..
got three boards in total looked in largest earths all go to earthing block then dissapear into wall but nothing outside

OK...Others are viewing this thread, so expect some more input..

;)
Thanks for your time on this one i am sure someone will have the answer if not i will phone suppliers and see what history they have if any! many thanks for now will check back in tomorrow. :_| :^O :^O

Thanks for your time on this one i am sure someone will have the answer if not i will phone suppliers and see what history they have if any! many thanks for now will check back in tomorrow. :_| :^O :^O
You have a response from SL (coming)...

don't go yet..!!

Latest posts