Points served.. (Lighting Circuit)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you would happily put 12 recessed fittings down as one point served?Your call.

Good luck!
that would be 12 point as its 12 connection of current-useing equipment

and also there is a smilie for good luck now:good luck: ;)

that would be 12 point as its 12 connection of current-useing equipment
Therefore, a switch, PIR, FCU and lamp all use current albeit not directly.

?:| :( :innocent :p :^O:C:coffee:zheadbang:run:O:D:red card:good night: O) Guinness ]:)

Sorry, couldnt decide which one to use.

Therefore, a switch, PIR, FCU and lamp all use current albeit not directly. ?:| :( :innocent :p :^O:C:coffee:zheadbang:run:O:D:red card:good night: O) Guinness ]:)

you forgot the individual cable cores:O:^Ox five delta n:)

Therefore, a switch, PIR, FCU and lamp all use current albeit not directly. ?:| :( :innocent :p :^O:C:coffee:zheadbang:run:O:D:red card:good night: O) Guinness ]:)

Im going to start block connectoring all my wires together if my switches are using electricity

that must be why my bill is so high, its that bag of two gang two ways sitting beside the CU draining all the power

Im going to start block connectoring all my wires together if my switches are using electricitythat must be why my bill is so high, its that bag of two gang two ways sitting beside the CU draining all the power
:^O

Always thought it was any point of radial you could test at so I voted 4 read thread still dont know if Im right. :(

Cant be bothered to read the whole thread but its 4 points of connection.
Well that goes to show... :|

The question was "How many points served"

NOT points of connection! ;)

But then...

If you are not reading threads or questions...

the other answer could be

:|

Flippin hope my switches don't "USE" electricity...

:C

So going by what you are saying, means that socket outlets dont need to be counted then as they dont use current either.

:|

So going by what you are saying, means that socket outlets dont need to be counted then as they dont use current either. :|
they are intended for connection to current using equipment,

You could argue that a light switch is the same.
you could, and neons,

allthough fixed wiring continues to the current using equipment. weather that makes any difference

i am not sure what the right answer is,

just checked the definitions,

point, = a termination to a piece of current using equipment, or where current using equipment may be used

current using equipment, = a piece of equipment that turns electricity into,, heat, light, sound or motion

the means of getting the current to the equipment is (other than cabling) via accessories.

not the exact definitions but you get the gist

Steps,

You could say that current using equipment is an energy converter of some sort, that is it intentionally converts electrical energy into another form to perform useful work or function.

Now switches will use energy in the form of losses due to the contact resistance, but this is not intentional, nor is it useful, thus I believe that they should be neglected.

A neon indicator uses energy and converts the electrical energy into light energy.

Is this useful, yes, it indicates that the supply is on, does it perform useful work, no.

Would I class it as a point of current using equipment, categorically NO.

All, how far down this road would one go you have an FCU to a complex heating system, this has 24 motorised valves 18 thermostats, 18 thermal cut outs, a boiler, a pump, a programmable timer, other control devices etc. etc. etc.

Where do you stop.

Me, at the FCU, as really that is where you "could" stop with your PIR.

Anyway, enough for now, just a quick post, got to cut the lawns.

Back L8R.

:p

Paul

Steps,You could say that current using equipment is an energy converter of some sort, that is it intentionally converts electrical energy into another form to perform useful work or function.

Now switches will use energy in the form of losses due to the contact resistance, but this is not intentional, nor is it useful, thus I believe that they should be neglected.

A neon indicator uses energy and converts the electrical energy into light energy.

Is this useful, yes, it indicates that the supply is on, does it perform useful work, no.

Would I class it as a point of current using equipment, categorically NO.

All, how far down this road would one go you have an FCU to a complex heating system, this has 24 motorised valves 18 thermostats, 18 thermal cut outs, a boiler, a pump, a programmable timer, other control devices etc. etc. etc.

Where do you stop.

Me, at the FCU, as really that is where you "could" stop with your PIR.

Anyway, enough for now, just a quick post, got to cut the lawns.

Back L8R.

:p

Paul
exactly, but I think in a case such as this the current using equipment would be classed as the boiler controls, and all the other ancillaries are subject to the control of the controls as such.