Portable Led Work Light.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I feel it only right to give it a week at least before I make judgement,

there is nothing valid about saying its brilliant after the first couple of uses, wait till its been used a few times and see how it goes.

so thats 4 then,

and the screwfix one is rubbish, so avoid like the plague,

KME has the LEDhut one,

sharpend has the toolstation one,

and I have an ebay special,  :|

All I can say about the Screwfix one is the wife is going to use it for when she goes outside for a ciggy,( no street lights where we are) well it will help her cut down on smoking as it'll need charging inbetween cigs, so at four hours charge for a 3minute cig it's worth keeping.

All I can say about the Screwfix one is the wife is going to use it for when she goes outside for a ciggy,( no street lights where we are) well it will help her cut down on smoking as it'll need charging inbetween cigs, so at four hours charge for a 3minute cig it's worth keeping.

:slap

Well I have the Screwfix one and it lasts over 2 Hours, I've not needed it for more than that.

It's on charge now, so in the morning I will switch it on and leave it on, see how long it lasts and report back.

Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. With mains cable, car charger and 4.4Ah Li-ion battery.

IP44

Cool to Touch

Low Energy

Energy Saving Trust Approved

Lightweight

000 Hours Rated Life

Rechargeable

1 Year Manufacturer's Guarantee

Model No: FL1188

Looking forward to hearing the reviews, it's something that would make life a lot easier and cuts down on having to find and carry 110v leads and lights for miles when on site 

Report on Screwfix 10W Led worklight.

Charged overnight, switched on at 8:15am went off at 12:25pm, so a little over 4 Hours.

I expect this will get less with use over time, this is only the 3rd charge its had.

However its been re- charging now for nearly 3.5 Hours and still not fully charged, I assume the red light turns green when fully charged,

So charge time is very slow, but I can live with that.

Put my Screwfix one on today lasted 30 minutes, was fully charged 1.5 days ago and has been on twice for approx 30 mins on each occasion. So to sum up 4-5 hrs charge for an hours light over two days. Perhaps this is why it comes with an in car charger for charging whilst having lunch, going to the loo, fag break, client chat break, on the home from work, on the way to work????????

I despair. Yet the trusty little 3led head light runs for days,even weeks on three piddly AAA batteries giving an equivalent light output. Go figure!

The Screwfix one I had, lasted around 2 hours from a full charge.

The charger also caused so much EMI that it killed the digital radio, in the next room!

So, it went back PDQ.

I doubt TBH that it meets the EMC directive for legal sale in the UK.

Got the same as link steptoe put on used it last week on a job continuously for 4 hrs. It takes 5 hrs to re charge fully. Draw back got mine from city electrical for £54 again bloody stung by them again 

Last edited by a moderator:
Still using the LEDHUT one almost daily - run time 4 hr+

I saw the cheaper ones, looking exactly the same, and thought "I`ve been ripped off"!!!!!

But - it seems that you get what you pay for. The spec sounds similar to Steve`s, and I`m well impressed.

n.b. also didn`t care when it was dropped from the top of a 6`6" doorway, onto a tiled floor ;) ( not by me.)

I despair. Yet the trusty little 3led head light runs for days,even weeks on three piddly AAA batteries giving an equivalent light output. Go figure!

Ahhh   those trusty 'AAA' powered headlamps...

numerous brands and makes on the market.....

BUT..

they do run for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours.......

even when accidentally left switched ON in the toolbox!!!!

They MUST run off magic fairy dust I think?

Guinness   :popcorn

Well it seems that from a full charge and then switched on I got 2.5 hrs and it was still on, but i really do need to get some sleep now, so it's back on charge and I'll leave it running tomorrow morning for a comparitive test to Steve's. Report back tomorrow.

Ahhh   those trusty 'AAA' powered headlamps...

numerous brands and makes on the market.....

BUT..

they do run for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours.......

even when accidentally left switched ON in the toolbox!!!!

They MUST run off magic fairy dust I think?

Guinness   :popcorn
I'd agree, they go on for ever and that's without Duracell!