Power

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of them are, some are nearer to the work than others.

Do you really think that the average electrician these days remember I am saying average, not good, or excellent, would be able to write the regs then?

Would you hand the regs over to the NICEIC, or a bunch of sparks who may well not actually be qualified in anything apart from a 17th course?

I think the panel should be a representation of people working at the coal face .... not the schemes, not manufacturers, nobody who has had their opinion influenced by any company who would gain financially ......

Now I will definitely agree with the financial gain thing without a doubt.

The issue that you have is that the level of training amongst the trade in general is totally inadequate to consider the whole picture and ramifications of the decisions made.

Also, the costs involved would likely be unpalatable to those who are self-employed.

Finally, for now, electricians at the "coal face" are not adequately familiar with new innovations in product that need to be considered in writing the document.

Hum ................ I think the people who come up with the ideas and regs have absolutely NO IDEA how mis understood a lot of their ideas are - or how dreadfully ambiguous the things are.

e.g 

18th Edition - this idea we need to take into account earth leakage - with no reference to how it should be done (and NO I will not be buying any more books that may clarify this)

Latest posts