Purchasing a house with solar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the property. I received a call yesterday from my local DNO. After giving her the address she confirmed no one has made a claim for fit payment at that address. I asked recently or historically. She replied no one ever has made a claim.
This get a bit strange imo. Why would you get a company to fit a solar PV in 2012. Register it with the mcs. Then not make a claim for fit payments..

might have been an old couple conned into getting it fitted and not aware of FIT payments?

Update on the property. I received a call yesterday from my local DNO. After giving her the address she confirmed no one has made a claim for fit payment at that address. I asked recently or historically. She replied no one ever has made a claim.
This get a bit strange imo. Why would you get a company to fit a solar PV in 2012. Register it with the mcs. Then not make a claim for fit payments..
that's the FiT out of the window then, but, at least it would suggest no one has a claim on the property.

that's the FiT out of the window then, but, at least it would suggest no one has a claim on the property.
Yeah. I presume you can't start claiming it after all these years though the woman at the dno did say if I purchase the property send over the MSC serial number and proof of ownership and they will look into if for me.
Still find it strange someone would have gone to all this trouble and expenses in the prime installation time slot to not claim the m

ost important bit

Yeah. I presume you can't start claiming it after all these years though the woman at the dno did say if I purchase the property send over the MSC serial number and proof of ownership and they will look into if for me.
Still find it strange someone would have gone to all this trouble and expenses in the prime installation time slot to not claim the m

ost important bit
takes all sorts, we provided a full set of paperwork to one customer, all he had to do was sign it and send it off. I got an email about 18 months later asking for the paperwork, FFS! The FiT providers will not support retro applications (or I will be very, very surprised if the do), in fact they used to deliberately try to claim you missed a deadline submitting paperwork, when tariff payments dropped, using any feeble excuse like slightly wrong address or postcode missing, and this depsite the customer being with them for years, so it wasn't like they didn't now exactly who they were or lived.

Latest posts