PV domestic installers course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry KME i meant the equipment that you need for install. Are there any special equipment you need that you would not normally find in an electricians toolkit. I mentioned scaffolding but do you need any other hire equipment. I have no idea for example how heavy these panels are, and how to get them on a roof without damaging them if they are heavy or can they get blown around by the wind until they are fixed down.

Nicky,

getting caught by the wind is a MAJOR issue,

they are fairly light, 10-15kgs I think maybe and almost 2mX1m so a big kite really.

a socket set & some spanners is maybe the only tools a domestic spark might not have.

The ones my supplier is providing, weigh 22Kg per panel; which was why I made the comment about 3 people - manufacturers reccomendation.
Pah - I lifted a 60kg dog onto the table today. I can see a couple may be needed to get them on the roof though! ;)

no doubt the roof top awareness course will be mandatory soon too

along with the get out of bed,leaving the house,driving to the job courses

I've got the MCS assessment on Wednesday, the paperwork is a nightmare, don't really know what to expect but fingers crossed

Had the MCS assessment done today by NAPIT he went through EVERYTHING.

Installation first, I was told ( by napit) that he would need photos of the electrical work (as its in the attic and its not easily accessable). We went up there 3 times! He checked everything from the roof work through to electrical test of the system.

Office, ALL aspects from order, quotes,deliveries,meetings,H&S,method statements,surveys,wind load calculations..etc.etc.. wow what a headache! But in fairness to the guy he did point us in the right direction and we've only got to make a couple of changes and we are certified. :)

It's alot of work and you have to do it right, especially the surveys (calculations,energy projections etc.)

Just hope it'll be worth it!

Nicky,getting caught by the wind is a MAJOR issue,

they are fairly light, 10-15kgs I think maybe and almost 2mX1m so a big kite really.

a socket set & some spanners is maybe the only tools a domestic spark might not have.
Im confused Steps.....On another thread iv just looked at you said there is a special crimper which costs over

I done the niceic course with PPS I think they were.

I thought it was OK. but would agree, if you dont know

how to install alrrady it wont teach you,

bit like 2391 wont teach you how to test.

Latest posts