Samsung american style fridge freezer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badfish

Reaction score
Hi everybody I have a samsung side by side fridge freezer and I have noticed a sort of rattling sound coming from the fridge side just above the veg draws that stops when you open the door.I presume it is some sort of fan that is making the sound. The f/f is just about 4 years old.Any ides what this could be and is it an engineer job or a home fix?

Many thanks in advance.

Iain.

Badfish,

Many freezers shut down the compressor & fans etc. these days when you open the door, so it could be either.

Is it frost free?

It could also be a loose compressor mount.

Depends on whether you have any insurance on it etc.

It could be an expensive repair, so maybe take out a policy if you can for the year and make a claim.

We had a large Bosch Upright frezer, and the defrost heater failed, luckily it was insured from new as it was a staff purchase, I worked for Bosch at the time it was bought and was travelling a lot so got the cover so that Mrs. had peace of mind.

The unit was BER and replaced by the Ins Co. with a new model.

Thanks chaps the house insurance will cover any problems with appliances bit would rather not claim. But the noise has stopped now so may have just been a niggle, I may just get it serviced just in case.

A lot of side by side, and even over and under fridge freezers now use a fan to draw cold air from the freezer into the fridge compartment (allows there to be just a single compressor).

These fans are often tiny 12V affairs which as they are virtually constantly running can easily pack up.

You are right Spin, mine has a trapdoor motorised valve affair which is regulated by a thermostat. there is a fan in the freezer side and the door opens and closes thus allowing chilled air from the freezer into the fridge side. Mine stuck open and turned the fridge side into another freezer..

Just thought you'd like to know the noise was the the fan hitting a load of ice. When the noise stopped it was the fan frozen up. Took panels off and got the hair drier out and defrosted it all. Working now but these models of samgsuns or prone to this fault and will probably happen again.

Thanks for your posts

Iain.

Badfish,

IF it is a froast free model, then you may need to check the system that keeps it frost free!

Our Bosch had a defrost heater, that had failed, thus it frosted up BIG time regularly.

no worries sw if it happens again i have found some one to come and fix it at a reasonable price.

I think you have to contact the store where you have bought your freedge, in order to change it or fix it!

Latest posts