Shower Install

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray4438

Reaction score
Found this today while doing a electrical check on a rented property of shower connected with terminal block (15 amp) and roughly into wall....

Asked householder how long it had been like this "oh must have been like that since before I came into the house"

Furthermore cable was then attached to stair treads going upstairs with bloody nails bent over under carpet..

Can't get photo up as it bigger than 500 k try latter on sorry was a job today with a shower 9.0Kw being connected with 15 amp terminal block and then clipped directly onto treads of stairs with nails bent over

ray,

It would be nice to see the pics, please PM one of the Mod or Admin team to see if they can help you to accept the pic by email to upload, if you cannot do this?

Sorry team! ;)

We just rewired a 9.5kw shower wired in 2.5mm tw&e, through a 20A switch we found under the bath and back to the board via bent nail clips round the skirting. About 16m run. The cable was then connected to the 32A cooker circuit so you could not use both at the same time. Suprisingly the cable looked and tested fine when we pulled it out. It had been in over a year and was the shower was used often.

Took a few pics but they are on my old phone. This was one of the remedial jobs listed on the Test sheets i posted on another thread

Latest posts