Smart switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so. I'll be happy with 200 days per year saving about £180 in gas. Iboost should be paid off in 18 months.
Got it for £315 from tradesparky.
I could find it a bit cheaper on fleabay but I'd rather buy this from a guaranteed vat retailer.

Online the iBoost costs about £350.
But one ad says £999 including installation.
Possibly to include the installation of a new 240V outlet in a convenient position for the 240V brick that powers the WiFi sender ?

something has gone wrong with my order. I've had no confirmation and nothing out of my paypal, so I'm guessing my order failed or something.
In anticipation, I read a few reviews on the IBoost and one in particular I didn't like, where the owner claimed it caught fire.
And few negative reviews how Marlec are having customers jump through impossible hoops to claim any warranty repairs, so I'm now a tad relieved that my order looks to have failed.

Has anyone else had such issues with this thing ?

something has gone wrong with my order. I've had no confirmation and nothing out of my paypal, so I'm guessing my order failed or something.
In anticipation, I read a few reviews on the IBoost and one in particular I didn't like, where the owner claimed it caught fire.
And few negative reviews how Marlec are having customers jump through impossible hoops to claim any warranty repairs, so I'm now a tad relieved that my order looks to have failed.

Has anyone else had such issues with this thing ?
Go for EDDI and use HARVI for the CT connection, no batteries, it powers itself from the CT.

and.........

they dont catch fire :)

I just had a play with the gary does solar calculator, and it has me down for about 2 years payback.
However, there are a number of unknown variables, like how much water we use and how many days insufficient solar excess.
So im still none the wiser
:)
If you're a solar user and on the Octopus Go or Intelligent Tariff only paying 4p export I can see the point of using the solar. But if you're on Flux getting 21/31p export the cheapest elec you're going to get is 18p off peak, more than double the cost of gas.

Latest posts