So 8th June.........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ bailing out the banks would not have balanced the budget.

So which cuts would you have liked Labour to make and which tax rises....?

@apprentice87

I've stopped taking this thread seriously

Its turned  into children squabbling in the schoolyard

@rapparee I misspelt "into" and my autospell corrected it to INRI , is that a sign,? :slap :eek:
It's a sign alright. I didn't realise you boys bothered with crucifixes I thought it was just crosses.

Now repeat after me, Hail Mary, Full of grace...

It's a sign alright. I didn't realise you boys bothered with crucifixes I thought it was just crosses.

Now repeat after me, Hail Mary, Full of grace...
:slap

When my missus first went over with me (she's a Manchester lass) she thought she was in an episode of deliverance,

We went with my sister to her work (in the back hills of Antrim at that time) and every few hundred yards or so were the "Damnation" signs, then the street preachers on the Sunday, she really did think she had stepped into a different world, that added to the fact that most people spoke some alien language, oh how we laughed,,,,    

I think my missus still gets flashbacks,  :pmsl1:

Living in Manchester.......... remember that

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Ok, there are certain of you out there that think you are clever, well, maybe you are, but there is a difference between being "clever" and wisdom...

If any of you think however, that you are more wise then this chap, then, sadly, you are very much deluded....

My parents are a similar age and they think its lettuced. They are both clever and wise, so whats your point?

BTW whats with the bloody vegetables keep appearing in my tango'd replies

Don't worry @Kurt

Its just another dig at the uneducated masses that voted to leave the EU as well,

If you vote against Labour then its obviously because you are uneducated and thick.

if you vote Tory, you really are gullible muppet.
So that's your best argument,?

If you don't vote for the peadophile rapist supporting , terrorist sympathisers labour party then you are a gullible Muppet that should be insulted as being uneducated,? 

Great statement  :Applaud

:shakehead

Oh dear  oh dear oh dear 

BTW

I won't be voting Tory,

but only a peado terrorist sharia state wanter would vote labour

Last edited by a moderator:
you really do talk absolute Radishes at times. So lets take the above apart

Peodophiles, who deals with tracking these bastards down and prosecuting them ( apart from my wife)? Social Services and the Police, who cut the budgets resulting in services that can't actually cope with the work load, the Tories, so guess what, your children are at more risk than they have ever been.

Terrorism, again who chases down terroists, oh yeah, public servants like the Police, who slashed the budgets, hmmmm difficult one this, the Tories. Net result you have never been at so much risk, and you can definetly expect crime to rise.

Sharia state? WTGrape are you on about, no party has a policy to allow this to happen, not even the Tories.

Now you also have young children Steps, so who is slashing school budgets to promote elitist grammer schools? So your children education will suffer???

The NHS, so who is going to shaft the health of you, your children, and your family by deliberatly pushing the NHS into failure? Need a clue???

The Toriy party is like squirrells, rats with good PR.

you really do talk absolute Radishes at times. So lets take the above apart

Peodophiles, who deals with tracking these bastards down and prosecuting them ( apart from my wife)? Social Services and the Police, who cut the budgets resulting in services that can't actually cope with the work load, the Tories, so guess what, your children are at more risk than they have ever been.

Terrorism, again who chases down terroists, oh yeah, public servants like the Police, who slashed the budgets, hmmmm difficult one this, the Tories. Net result you have never been at so much risk, and you can definetly expect crime to rise.

Sharia state? WTGrape are you on about, no party has a policy to allow this to happen, not even the Tories.

Now you also have young children Steps, so who is slashing school budgets to promote elitist grammer schools? So your children education will suffer???

The NHS, so who is going to shaft the health of you, your children, and your family by deliberatly pushing the NHS into failure? Need a clue???

The Toriy party is like squirrells, rats with good PR.
OK, start at basics,

I went to grammar school, what's the problem,? I should have made good use if it, I didn't, what's your problem with grammar schools,? Yep, I got an A in my 11+ , big deal, grammar schools allow working class kids a level of education they wouldn't normally get, if they have the ability to get there as for the rest if your arguments,

Who brought in all the human rights laws to defend them,? Oh, let me think, it was our last female PM, Mrs Blair,

Its certainly not any labour government that chases down any terrorist, go on then, tell me how you defend Corbyn standing by his statement that killing British citizens was justified,?   Just that one thing @binky if you think that is justifiable, let me know how, please. 

This thread is very close to being closed.

We are going around in circles with no one going to change their mind.

My parents are a similar age and they think its lettuced. They are both clever and wise, so whats your point?

BTW whats with the bloody vegetables keep appearing in my tango'd replies

Nothing wrong with being both clever and wise.. It just seems not very common...

Anyway, I am not going to mention any particular political party in this, just to point out a few facts

FACT ONE:

There is a party that claims to be the; "Party of low taxation".. This has to be a joke!!! They say that all local authorities are to be self funding by whatever the date is. 2020?? Anyway, wait to you see how much your council tax is then??? Is it right that in poor areas the schools will be penniless compared to in better off areas so you kids education will vary according to where you live?? etc etc etc??

FACT TWO

Just a few weeks ago, a certain female political person was in all the papers sounding off about the fact that they were going to spend millions on "mental Health". Now this is total Radishes. The local branch of MIND near where i live, actually went bust because their funding was cut so much. Now we all know that discriminating against people on the grounds of disability is a criminal offence.. Are we all agreed on that one?? Well, it has recently actually been written into law that assistance with mobility is SPECIFICALLY not allowed for people whose mobility is affected by mental health conditions...

FACT THREE:

Just a few weeks ago the same female politician was in all the papers saying that they were going to pump "millions" [or was it billions] into local authorities to pay for the "crisis in social care" Err, a few days later they decide they are ACTUALLY going to make pensioners fund it???

You do understand the changes: yes?? err no... Then let me tell you what they are..

A few years ago there was a massive fuss because people that had to go into a care home were forced to sell their houses. The government courgetteed up with this, and a lady, i forget her name, took them to court and they were found to be acting illegally and had to hand back the value of these houses to literally THOUSANDS of people.

Has not stopped the illegality though, and there is courgette all you can do now, even if treated illegally, as you will not be able to go to court to fight it, as you will not get legal aid. [That is another thing, all of you that have paid off your mortgages, do realise that you are not eligible for legal aid for ANYTHING now as far as i am aware.. You realise now..]

Anyway, the same female politician has been claiming in the last few days that:

"NOBODY WILL LOSE THEIR HOME TO PAY FOR CARE"

Well, afraid they will. They will not lose their home as long as they are alive, but second they die they will, the council put a charge on the house to get the care home costs back..

Anyway, the new changes...

It PURELY affects people that require any form of help and support in their own home, say like help from social services, or "meals on wheels" or any other things, like carers or support workers.

Up till now they would be means tested. If they had more than £23,000, they would have to meet the ENTIRE cost themselves. If they had between about £14,000 and the £23,000, they would have to pay a proportion.

Now according to the government, if the had less than this, care would be free. TOTALLY UNTRUE.

If you are ill enough to require care, you will be ill enough to receive state money to live on. [You will hardly be well enough to have a job now will you]

Anyway, you already HAVE to pay for care from what ever little money you do have, and get invoiced monthly by the council... Did not print that one in the papers did they??

What they are doing now, is that for the people THAT STILL LIVE IN THEIR OWN HOME, they are including the value of the home in the persons assets. This means in effect, that any and all old persons that own their own home, WILL have to meet the ENTIRE cost of any care that they receive, and, if they do not have a high enough income, [trust me they will not!!] it will be taken from the value of their house..

Now, the very vast majority of people on this forum will own their own home. EVERYONE on this forum will get old..

EVERYONE on this forum, will hope, that when they get old, that they do not end up in a care home, and obviously hope, that they will be able to give their house to their kids, as let's face it, in most areas of the country, there is now no way on earth that a young person or couple will EVER be able to afford a home of their own..

The changes now proposed, mean that unless you manage to live out your ENTIRE life, without any form of help in old age, or indeed at any time of life, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR HOME.. So, be careful what you are voting for.. Can you GUARANTEE that YOU [or your missus] will not need a home help, or meals on wheels, or ANY other form of help WHATSOEVER?? For the entire rest of your life?? Because if you do, you WILL kiss goodbye to your home..... [even if you are still living in it]

Do you know the worst bit of all this though??? All they have to do is to stop giving all the money away on "foreign aid" and none of this would be "neccessary" So, YOU, YOU PERSONALLY, are quite likely, unless you are VERY lucky, to lose YOUR HOUSE, and all because the government would rather give the social care money to tango'd africans, indians, and the chinese [etc etc etc]

Is this really what you want????

john..

john..

Hi Steps.

You say about statements made by corbyn regarding the lives of uk citizens. I have no idea what he is supposed to have said, BUT, as it is you, i will assume you are correct in what you say, and i further presume that it relates to the troubles in Ireland. Like i say, i have no idea what statements you refer to, but it is presumably something to do with corbyns relationship with Messrs's McGuiness and Adams, but was this not all in furtherance of the "peace process"??

Now, there are TWO sides to the conflict in ireland and a lot of people there will hold diametrically opposed views to your own, but as you say, anything that alludes to the killing of uk citizens is to be deplored.

What about citizens of the republic of Ireland though?? Are their lives any values and beliefs any less valuble??

What about the lives of the various afghans, libyans, iraqis and all the rest that that are currently being bombed into submission?? Ok, i know that it was not the tories that started it, [was it not Blair??] but it is the tories that want to continue it..

I am not surprised the foreigners hate us.. and we created ISIS too.

How can it be right to continue to arm israel given their treatment of the palestinians??

I do not know much at all about the goings on in ireland, but i am led to believe that now it is VASTLY improved over how it was. Was this not the doing of some labour politicians, Mr Blair and Mo Mowlem?? I understand [perhaps wrongly] they they acheived a hell of a lot there..

Did not even Martin McGuiness and Dr Ian Paisley become friends?? I am further led to believe that the pair of them acheived MUCH more as friends than they ever did as enemies..

Surely nobody wants to resume a form of "cold war" with the republic, let alone a resumption of hostilities??

I understand that both sides have formed a perhaps uneasy truce, surely this is better than what went on before??

john..

Status
Not open for further replies.