SOFTWARE FOR NEW CERTS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedster

Reaction score
Hi Folks I am looking for some replacement software for the new certs.

Any advice gratefully received. I have been using 'Megger' software up to end of December.

I am a NAPIT member and was considering using theirs, but I heard a rumour it wasn't the best !!

Thanks in advance.

Speedster

EasyCert is the nuts, bit pricey with the yearly fee though but I have to say its worth it, just take ya iPad wi ya and you won't look back....

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:04 ----------

I have the Megger power suite also... Very complicated bluetooth 1730 can't work it out for toffee!! Anyone wanna buy it!!!!!

I bought that, struggling a little though isn't it. Very early days and the dev has just released another app , maybe he should get the icertifi right 1st...

Could any 1 tell me if this easy cert has the proper nic test sheets ie the description of circuits and the test results on another I've got the 14 day trial and it has both on the same sheet I prefer the nic eic ones is this just because I've got the trial version many thanks

I was using Amtech, ditched it due to expensive support, massive use of disk space and overly aggresive licensing. Complicated program to install and backup at the time I had it.

Switched to tysoft Easycert, got 10% discount for being a member here not looked back, I bought the mobile version but find it too small a screen on my Iphone, so print empty cert at home fill in on site and plug into pc at home after. Bear in mind Tysoft doesn't work with 64Bit edition of office, Ok on 64Bit windows though.

Also looked at Castline Formfill (Level P (domestic) is free).

Tysoft EasycertPro

Last edited by a moderator:
Could any 1 tell me if this easy cert has the proper nic test sheets ie the description of circuits and the test results on another I've got the 14 day trial and it has both on the same sheet I prefer the nic eic ones is this just because I've got the trial version many thanks
it depends what NIC forms you are using, some of them have 2 pages for circuit details and schedule of results,

I think you might be using the wrong tysoft certs,

Hi,

Now i would have said Tysoft hands down which is what i use, but i have my doubts to it as from a couple of weeks ago.

I recently upgraded my iphone from a 4 to 4S which is where the problem started.

After logging all my results for a while etc i decided to export to pc and message came up "not registered", so i tried to register and message said in so many words "need another license"

I rang support and spoke to a guy that said you have to de-activate software from old phone to active new one.

Great!

I had sold my old iphone on ebay and really no way of getting it back, support said in so many words "there is nothing they can do so tuff, you have to buy again" which i find ridiculous!

So if you are a person that may loose, break your iphone or even if your phone just packs up or even have it stolen then you are screwed basically.

So the expensive support offered by other companies mentioned in this forum might just not be so expensive after all.

Albeit the Tysoft software in my opinion is very good! just a shame the support isn't.

Now everybody circumstances are different but this is what genuinely happened to me.

We all know that it is just a registration key on a database that could be amended.

I might add that at no point was i trying to get the software working on two phones and only paying for one software.

There is no mention of this on there website either if your phone for whatever reason fails you have to pay again.

Hope this info helps others make an inform decision on what they buy.

Regards

Slip

I really fail to see how you selling your phone is tysofts problem,

would you sell your PC with all your accounts still on it? or your family pictures?

I suppose then you would buy a new PC with no OS and expect microshaft to supply you with a new version of windoze for free too!

Steptoe why have you even bothered to reply?

Looking at your post figures i can can see why!

Ok split hairs, what if your iphone packed up? get apple to pay for the licence key?

Get real!

I dont know of any software you can legitimately purchase where you cant get your key back from support.

Hey, i can even ring microsoft to have my key reset in the event of a HDD failure, amazing that!

Also i am not asking for it for free? Ive already paid for it!

For all other folk this can happen and i am merely pointing the facts out.

wow, slipdog, there are people on here a lot shorter time than me with a way higher post count,

you make one post and its stating that a very good (IMHO ) piece of software is bad simply because you were negligent in how you used it.!

I wouldnt bother ringing MS, that is rubbish software! FACT!

the fact is, your phone didnt break down {although being apple it might well have! ;) ], or did you have it stolen,

you misappropriated it, along with the software and your licence,

dont start blaming others for your own stupidity.

now, why didnt I take the alloys and sound system out of the last car I had before I sold it to the scrappy for 50quid? oh, I know, cos I was too lazy and stoopid to be bothered!

Steptoe why have you even bothered to reply?Looking at your post figures i can can see why!
Welcome to the forum Slipdog. I would just remind you how a forum works. The various threads are open and public for other members to reply to. You must expect people to comment on posts that you make but not all posts will always be agreements. The number of posts another person has made has little relevance to any topic content. As a point of observation from Steptoes profile his figures are average 6.5 posts per day, yours is currently 2 posts per day. I do not consider it abnormal for any member to post 2 or 3 comments on 2 or 3 threads per day. the forum has been running for over 4 years now, therefore some member will have much higher post counts than those who have only joined in the past year. I trust that explains things clearly.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Canoeboy,

Many many thanks for this reply.

That is very interesting you say this, i cant understand why he was so blank to me saying i have to pay again! (i say "he" as someone else at the company may have a different outlook to my problem)

Sounds like another phone call to them now armed with this info.

I cant thank you enough!!.

Cheers

Does any body know how much the yearly subscription for easy cert pro not fussed about the mobile one thanks