Solar immersion optimiser fitted

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what you’re saying John, my unit came from the factory set at 50w, and was still triggering.
Have a look at my photos and let me know what you think these settings do.
It only has these two. So probably not as advanced as the EDDI unit.
With 50w set did your system actually export 50w or did the unit trigger incorrectly?

Forget that John.

Plot thickens.
Got a reply from solarimmersion, this unit does not work with battery storage.
Which is annoying as i rang them to discuss this unit before i bought it, but it's still my fault because i didn't specifically say i had battery storage, the fact they didn't specifically say it won't work with battery storage is still my fault - because it is...

Anyway, not to get bogged down with who's fault it really is, they have kindly agreed to refund the solar immersion unit and sell me the IMMERSUN unit which will work and is £200.00 more.

It turns out solarimmersion and IMMERSUN are the same lot - as i correctly stated earlier - and got shot down for, after all - not mentioning names though.

So there we are, thank you to everyone for the effort put in trying to help me, although to no avail - but you can look forward to me crawling back here when i can't get the IMMERSUN unit to work either !

Cheers Jack.

Forget that John.

Plot thickens.
Got a reply from solarimmersion, this unit does not work with battery storage.
Which is annoying as i rang them to discuss this unit before i bought it, but it's still my fault because i didn't specifically say i had battery storage, the fact they didn't specifically say it won't work with battery storage is still my fault - because it is...

Anyway, not to get bogged down with who's fault it really is, they have kindly agreed to refund the solar immersion unit and sell me the IMMERSUN unit which will work and is £200.00 more.

It turns out solarimmersion and IMMERSUN are the same lot - as i correctly stated earlier - and got shot down for, after all - not mentioning names though.

So there we are, thank you to everyone for the effort put in trying to help me, although to no avail - but you can look forward to me crawling back here when i can't get the IMMERSUN unit to work either !

Cheers Jack.
What a crazy situation just for a few lines of code. Well done for getting sorted, good luck with your new unit.

Just to round off this thread, got my immersun unit in place and has been happily working its thing.

Difference between this and the solarimmersion was +£200, so quite a bit dearer
But once it’s wired it self tests and sets up automatically and configured the CT clamp direction, so no fiddling about with that.
Control panel more user friendly with more features for setting the electricity earnings.

You do get more for your money, if you want the App you have to then buy another plug in unit, which didn’t impress me so didn’t bother.

Working well as I had hoped.
0E5A12B5-01D9-41E4-8118-D5D1A1E9E608.jpeg

Just to round off this thread, got my immersun unit in place and has been happily working its thing.

Difference between this and the solarimmersion was +£200, so quite a bit dearer
But once it’s wired it self tests and sets up automatically and configured the CT clamp direction, so no fiddling about with that.
Control panel more user friendly with more features for setting the electricity earnings.

You do get more for your money, if you want the App you have to then buy another plug in unit, which didn’t impress me so didn’t bother.

Working well as I had hoped.
View attachment 14792
Glad youre sorted, long may it continue to save you ££££££

Latest posts