Tails above ceiling

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadspark

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've first fixed a one up one down terraced house that is undergoing total refurb. All cable runs and chasing are done cables are looped right where the new CU will be which is by the meter. Developer has been in touch with DNO as incoming cable is routed through the frame of the front door which is to be replaced. DNO assesor is not happy with the old cable and so is going to replace whole section back to distribution box several houses down the terrace. To reduce the cost he wants to move the meter and service head to the other side of the room still at the front of the house. The ceiling is not yet up so would you run meter tails over a ceiling drilling joists so they are 50mm from top and bottom or should I be looking at using SWA allowing in both cases for a switch fuse by service head.

:)

How about telling DNO they are replacing the entire cable run at their own expense due to it being unsafe (DNO assessors opinion) so they should replace the entire cable run and keep the meter exactly where it is now.

How about telling DNO they are replacing the entire cable run at their own expense due to it being unsafe (DNO assessors opinion) so they should replace the entire cable run and keep the meter exactly where it is now.
That'd be my choice.

I'll tell developer to get DNO back. It seems a lot of hassle for me which is only an extra 10 feet of cable or so for them.

Thanks for your replies.