Testing Static Caravans

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay_t

Reaction score
Are there any special requirements for test & inspect on static caravans? I just bought one and, as we're renting it out part of the year, it needs an annual PIR.

It's included with the first year but, come next year i might do it myself and see if i can drum up some business doing some others.

Anyone have any experience of doing these?

There are some main regulations that have changed this year with the introduction of the 17th edition.

Basically a static will more often than not run on mains voltage, this has to come from a local earthing arrangement ie TT or TNS, TNC-S supplies are not permitted.

There must also be in place a label with instructions for the Electricity supply.

More information can be seen in the BRB on page 209.

Section 721.

The rest is just a normal pir and is tested as if it was a home.

Edited after andy pointed out my mistake, thanks andy

There are some main regulations that have changed this year with the introduction of the 17th edition.Basically a static will more often than not run on mains voltage, this has to come from a local earthing arrangement ie TT, TN supplies are not permitted.

There must also be in place a label with instructions for the Electricity supply.

More information can be seen in the BRB on page 209.

Section 721.

The rest is just a normal pir and is tested as if it was a home.
red comic/ESQCR says TNCS isnt allowed, but TNS can be used just as much as TT

Thanks guys, I'm down there at the weekend, i'll have a nose around then and see what kind of certification they supply with it.

;)