Texecom Veritas - Engineer Code Reset

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dambo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone might know how to go about resetting what appears to be a locked engineer code? The manual mentions that there may be a charge incurred for Texecom to do it so I was hoping to avoid that if possible! :)

Usually a factory reset does the trick.  It should mention it in the engineer manual? 

Yes there is a reset, but this is via a set procedure and needs engineer status applied by user to access.

Usually a factory reset does the trick.  It should mention it in the engineer manual? 
I tried the factory reset but unfortunately it looks like it's been locked. It's a Texecom Veritas 8 with built in keypad. I'll maybe ring the Texecom helpline tomorrow, they might tell me how to do it FOC! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you have to remove the pcb and send it to them, even then it's not guaranteed they can recover. They will  tell you to buy a new one, been there, tried that. So, I would say your options are: buy a new one or start at '0000' and increment until you guess the existing also done that ;)

Good luck

I believe you have to remove the pcb and send it to them, even then it's not guaranteed they can recover. They will  tell you to buy a new one, been there, tried that. So, I would say your options are: buy a new one or start at '0000' and increment until you guess the existing also done that ;)

Good luck
I think i'll go with option A Barx!!! :D

if the engineer code is locked, then you will have to send it to texecom. probably cheaper to just replaced it, since you would have to remove it to send it away

open the control panel find pin which indicate default setting short the two pin and restart the panel.  good luck.