The EU Referendum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm begining to change my mind .     My feelings were , we should remain within the EU ,  basically because , as in the original vote , it is  the biggest tariff free trading coalition in the world .

But.

The more I see  eastern Europeans apperaring in the capital and certainly here where I live , with no jobs to go to , certainly 'aint here for the sunshine .  Loads appearing here , begging at traffic lights , becoming Skiprats ,  searching for scrap iron with a baby buggy as transport , being housed locally , 8 to a house , no jobs so on benefit , walking up to the betting shop every day .

The government says we need them , the opposition says we need them .......our EU masters say we MUST have them ...........theres a strange agenda going on here and the working people of Britain are not part of it.

The projection now is for 5.5million settling here in the next 20 yrs .......the population of Scotland all over again. 

This country is rapidly losing it's identity , you can see it if you live in the large towns & cities .     Great swathes of the indigenous population never even become regular workers , doesn't enter their heads that they should be working to support their families.

I think anyone under 40 should forget Agincourt , forget Trafalgar, forget the Battle of Britain , forget the thousands who gave their lives at the Somme ...................get the hell out of here  to Oz or Canada.............this once Green and Pleasant Land , this Throne of Kings , this precious stone set in a Silver sea ,

which serves it in the office of a wall

and as a moat defensive to a house

against the envy of less happier lands

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm,  This England ....................is no longer what Shakespeare saw .

I shall be voting out , we can take no more , our leaders are virtually helpless in the face of the hoards gathering in Mordor , the cries from the Shire is ignored .

Last edited by a moderator:
George Osborne says Brexit might cause house prices to drop by 18%

Bring it on I say.

Sure it will hit me but my kids haven't got any chance of home ownership and I'm thinking about them.

Without Germany the EU would be bust.

Think about it.

if we do leave, i wonder if any other countries will follow?

The motto of 635 squadron when it was formed in 1944, was "we lead, others follow" and I suspect a Brexit will be the same.

This is why Junkers is threatening us.

No other reason.

The EU is a basket case, and without Germany it would be bust..........

I am a strong out voter. All the polls I see are a 70% out, 30% remain vote. Uncontrolled immigration is my number one reason. Yes immigration has positive results also but imagine if we let in the quality how much more we could look after those that need our help. 

a drop in house prices is long overdue, but if you look behing the numbers it's about the only part o the economy that is propping up the finances with foreign investors buying up London. I think leaving will be a rocky ride, but, long term I think it will be for the best, and I strongly think other countries will follow suite, although the rest of Europe isn't as isolationist as the UK.

An immediate ban on overseas purchasers of homes is LONG overdue.

Denmark have been doing this for years so why can't we.

AND a ban on interest only mortgages for buy to let landlords too....

Does a drop in house prices matter I ask ?     The value of my house drops by £10,000 say ...as does the value of the house I may be looking to buy.

The only problems that arise are if I wanted to move to London :slap    where just my garage here would be £1000,000  .

The original Common Market (EU)  seemed to work with affluent countries paying in .  If one of those leaves the burden would increase for the others ....and with less affluent queuing up to join & have their economies boosted by the EU  , the burden would become greater. 

Then should a second member leave I think it would implode .

People are funny with house prices. 

They say say things like "I bought this place fore £200,000 now it is worth £250,000". They never mention the interest on the mortgage or the natural increase in value due to inflation. 

I am a strong out voter. All the polls I see are a 70% out, 30% remain vote. Uncontrolled immigration is my number one reason. Yes immigration has positive results also but imagine if we let in the quality how much more we could look after those that need our help. 
Which polls are you looking at?

I agree most people you speak to are "out" but the poll of polls keeps showing "in" in the lead by a small margin http://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/poll-of-polls/

The polls are probably rigged, just as the real referendum will be I fear.

Does a drop in house prices matter I ask ?     The value of my house drops by £10,000 say ...as does the value of the house I may be looking to buy.
A drop WOULD matter to me.  I admit my circumstances are "unusual"

I am part way through building my new house having already sunk £175K into it.  My old house has yet to sell.

If prices suddenly dropped, then I would get less for my old house, but the cost of my new one is not going down. I don't see building materials or labour rates dropping.  If prices dropped to much I could be in the ludicrous situation that the new 3 bedroom house costs more to build than I get for the old 5 bedroom house.

Not ALL of the UK has over priced housing, up here if you build a new house, it's market value barely reaches what it actually costs to build it.

Which polls are you looking at?

I agree most people you speak to are "out" but the poll of polls keeps showing "in" in the lead by a small margin http://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/poll-of-polls/

The polls are probably rigged, just as the real referendum will be I fear.

On line polls in various forums. I know the media are saying it is 50/50 but from the polls I have seen and the people I speak to 70/30 seems about right. 

if we do leave, i wonder if any other countries will follow?

From speaking to friends and family back home, it seems like most people think Britain is nuts for even considering leaving the EU. 

I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I said Britain should leave, but I'm not allowed to vote anyway so no one has to really care about my opinion.

Latest posts