The EU Referendum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the following post removed from the BBC HYS site twice now, on a HYS about the EU in/out referendum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36352370#p124538161

This is my post the BBC moderators have decided you can't see:

Dear BBC Moderators,

You removed my post below within minutes:

"The way I look at it is that countries like China and India sell billions into the EU each year without trade deals, so why can't we.

Continued EU membership will mean the UK will be a state within Federal Europe within 10 years.

Vote out."

So what EXACTLY is wrong with my post?

Thanks

The BBC seem to be keeping a low profile on this subject.

Haven't the government just renewed the tv licence scam?

hmmm....

:C

Cameron has the cheek to suggest that Nigeria is corrupt! :slap

Would leaving the EU make everything more expensive, like it is in Norway?
I don't think anyone actually knows Sweedy......so Norway is expensive then ? 

I just don't know what to think TBH .     Any increase in immigration is a worry , whatever we are told , we are full up , we have taken far more than our share of economic immigrants , enough is enough .     Our colleges are full of youngsters who are struggling to find jobs , why the hell do we need more and more people every year I ask? 

Ancient old sods like me remember when EVERY single child who left school , at 15 , went straight into a job or trade ....I would say without exception.    I live in what was then,  a highly industrialised city ,once full of car factories , steel works ,  heavy & light  engineering ,  we made everything here from pins & needles to  machine tools , cars , buses, trains , trucks,  motor cycles ,power presses, giant generators , transformers, switchgear, ammunition , rifles , handguns,  electric motors , engines , carburrettas ,  vehicle electric gear, drive shafts, crank shafts , cam shafts, con rods, tyres, nuts , bolts, screws  etc etc .              

So  they are all gone now ....but we still need more people we are told .....perhaps someone can tell me where they will work because the ones who rock up here don't work .    Unless you count collecting scrap metal, washing cars & begging . 

And then I think ....is it sensible to leave a marketplace of 500 million people ?      Its not a simple decision .

Last edited by a moderator:

I just don't know what to think TBH .     Any increase in immigration is a worry , whatever we are told , we are full up , we have taken far more than our share of economic immigrants , enough is enough .     Our colleges are full of youngsters who are struggling to find jobs , why the hell do we need more and more people every year I ask? 

Ancient old sods like me remember when EVERY single child who left school , at 15 , went straight into a job or trade ....I would say without exception.    I live in what was then,  a highly industrialised city ,once full of car factories , steel works ,  heavy & light  engineering ,  we made everything here from pins & needles to  machine tools , cars , buses, trains , trucks,  motor cycles ,power presses, giant generators , transformers, switchgear, ammunition , rifles , handguns,  electric motors , engines , carburrettas ,  vehicle electric gear, drive shafts, crank shafts , cam shafts, con rods, tyres, nuts , bolts, screws  etc etc .              

So  they are all gone now ....but we still need more people we are told .....perhaps someone can tell me where they will work because the ones who rock up here don't work .    Unless you count collecting scrap metal, washing cars & begging . 

And then I think ....is it sensible to leave a marketplace of 500 million people ?      Its not a simple decision .

A market place of 500 million???????

Imagine a shopping mall. A shopping mall of 24 shops. 3 of those shops are the superstores. The stores that the vast majority of shoppers want to visit. The rest are decent in their own right but just do not attract the crowds. These shops do well only because of the 3 superstores. Then the landlord of the mall decides to let in 3 shops that sell very dubious things. All of a sudden there is a section of shoppers that one of the big three superstores does not like shopping in its store. They spend no money and do a lot of damage. So much so that the big spending shoppers are starting to go elsewhere. 

What does this store do?  Stay and see what happens?  Yes it is safe and we know where we are and what our turnover will be. Or do we pick up sticks and relocate to the new mall across the road?  With some huge upcoming superstores with a whole knew kind of shopper. Once settled they could build a link from the old mall to the new mall to try and keep some of their old shoppers happy. 

Norway has the higest standard of living in the world (or used to have) and has been very expensive for years. It's wealth has mostly come from oil.

Your right it isn't an easy decision, but economic union is what most exiters want, without the political union which has been hi-jacking the whole scheme for decades. I will be voting to leave, because I can't see any other way to ditch the political union part. Hopefully this will also give us a chance to control immigration aswell, otherwise we are indanger of concreting over this green and pleasant land, ruining the UK as a country. I believe (but could be wrong) that the reduction in benefits will help drive our own population in to working rather than being idle, but the 'starter jobs' are currently occupied by economic migrants, so it is hard for our own people to get a foot on the employment ladder to build a career.

Everything is Norway costs a fortune, but everyone earns a lot more money too. They do have have to pay toll charges though for the things they import if it's worth more than around £20. 

My sister lives there and when I spoke to her about it she said that they don't import that much food for that reason. So things could be looking up for UK farmers I suppose. 

UK fishing will be a major benefactor - the amount of fish foreign boats can take from UK waters is rediculous, but that is largely due to a dwal Thatcher did over milk quotas and the 'rebate'.

The average man on the street would stand to benefit if we could leave, but since when has politics been about the average man? 

I'd put my house on it that regardless of the referendum result we'll still be in Europe. There's no way they are going to let us out, unless the average man in the uk is going to take action like we see around the rest of the world. 

well, thats a great survey,

Ive NEVER been called a nationalist before     :pmsl1:

quite the opposite actually,,,,,   :C

so, I'd say its about as accurate at p****** in the wind........

Apparently I'm a Utilitarian (and I should be reading the Daily Mail  :yellow card ). I still can't make up my mind. Never considered not being allowed to vote a blessing before but this time it's doing me a favour. 

i get fed up with being called a racist ( on various FB postings) for wanting to leave the EU....

how exactly is it racist for wanting an EU exit.

It like the "blair" years - whenever the opposition parties tried to talk about the levels of immigration the Labour party would "fight back" by bringing up racism!

Its NOT racist to want out of the undemocratic EU.

I won't disagree with you.

Many will try to give politically correct answers to a poll.

The real question will be only be answered by the ballot box. Then who knows...............................................

I'm also a Nationalist..............I'm also voting out & like Pewter I watched the Brexit movie, bit of an eye opener!

Might even watch ITV & see Nigel & Dave battle it out tonight.

Latest posts