The EU Referendum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres another way of looking at the EU .    Many large employers in the UK are not British owned , in fact hardly any it would seem .  Tata Steel is already leaving ,  Jaguar Land Rover is Indian owned , Toyota is Japanese .  I'm told they are in the UK to give them access to the  European market without tariffs being imposed .

The question is more complex than we think ,  are we shooting ourselves in the foot? 

IMHO the UK is in real trouble in or out.

The French have never needed any excuse to make our lives difficult and if we vote in - you can be sure we WILL pay for it.

This isn't about the EU its a one off choice between home rule and becoming a "state" in Federal Europe - its not if this happens, merely a matter of when.....

in the meantime the Greeks, Spanish, Portuguese and Italians get deeper in financial trouble AND their youths are set for miser for a long time.

The EU is a busted flush, around the world countries are growing and the EU is stagnant - just look at Japan if you want to see the miser they have...

A drop WOULD matter to me.  I admit my circumstances are "unusual"

I am part way through building my new house having already sunk £175K into it.  My old house has yet to sell.

If prices suddenly dropped, then I would get less for my old house, but the cost of my new one is not going down. I don't see building materials or labour rates dropping.  If prices dropped to much I could be in the ludicrous situation that the new 3 bedroom house costs more to build than I get for the old 5 bedroom house.

Not ALL of the UK has over priced housing, up here if you build a new house, it's market value barely reaches what it actually costs to build it.

As you say your circumstances ARE unusual and there are VERY few people in your position. Interestingly banks are creeping towards 100% mortgages again and thats not good. The only positive these days is that nearly ALL mortgages are repayment so sooner or later you will have equity in your property.

this is the problem with the EU, it's great beast of an organisation with too many committee meetings and very little action, years and years to negotiate anything

I think that we need to decide if we want to be a state within a united Europe, with centralised oversight (similar to the "United States Of America") or a totally independant country...

At the moment I'm out by the way :)

Thing is, trade deals were necessary in the 60' and 70's but not now. The internet has made the world a very small place and you can buy and sell across the world in seconds.

Unfortunately for the EU, is that the French believe in trade deals to protect their markets, producers and products...... just look at how the once great French wine industry has been left behind by the "new" producers....

OK my one vote wouldn’t have made much difference in 1975 when I voted to stay in EEC, I regret doing so. I’ll be voting to leave.

Referendums are not legally binding, so legally the Government can ignore the results.

OK my one vote wouldn’t have made much difference in 1975 when I voted to stay in EEC, I regret doing so. I’ll be voting to leave.

Referendums are not legally binding, so legally the Government can ignore the results.

which they will do then sell everything that isn't nailed down then enslave us for the rest of eternity.

:(

out out out.

Hum.... The EU ignored a vote by the Dutch recently. Maybe they will ignore our outcome too?

I am part way through building my new house having already sunk £175K into it.  My old house has yet to sell.

If prices suddenly dropped, then I would get less for my old house, but the cost of my new one is not going down. I don't see building materials or labour rates dropping.  If prices dropped to much I could be in the ludicrous situation that the new 3 bedroom house costs more to build than I get for the old 5 bedroom house.

Not ALL of the UK has over priced housing, up here if you build a new house, it's market value barely reaches what it actually costs to build it.
Sorry to have to state a fact to you,

But,

The only reason you can't sell you house is it is overpriced, it is only worth what someone will pay for it, not what you or any estate agent thinks it is worth.

If you price your house accordingly, it will sell.

FACT.

Sorry to have to state a fact to you,

But,

The only reason you can't sell you house is it is overpriced, it is only worth what someone will pay for it, not what you or any estate agent thinks it is worth.

If you price your house accordingly, it will sell.

FACT.

I've had the following post removed from the BBC HYS site twice now, on a HYS about the EU in/out referendum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36352370#p124538161

This is my post the BBC moderators have decided you can't see:

Dear BBC Moderators,

You removed my post below within minutes:

"The way I look at it is that countries like China and India sell billions into the EU each year without trade deals, so why can't we.

Continued EU membership will mean the UK will be a state within Federal Europe within 10 years.

Vote out."

So what EXACTLY is wrong with my post?

Thanks

I've had the following post removed from the BBC HYS site twice now, on a HYS about the EU in/out referendum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36352370#p124538161

This is my post the BBC moderators have decided you can't see:

Dear BBC Moderators,

You removed my post below within minutes:

"The way I look at it is that countries like China and India sell billions into the EU each year without trade deals, so why can't we.

Continued EU membership will mean the UK will be a state within Federal Europe within 10 years.

Vote out."

So what EXACTLY is wrong with my post?

Thanks

The mods will be along shortly to remove this!  :lol:

Latest posts