Think We Did This Before But What The Hell ...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly don't remember the first single, first album was Aladdin Sane (Bowie), i still love it and play it often.

What about first concerts?

Mine is great, and no one I have ever met has been to see them although millions around the world will have done so............

Frankie Valli at Southampton Gaumont around 1972/3, BEAT THAT 
 How about  Johnny Cash at The Birmingham Theatre    1969 ish ? 

First record was a 7" single Little Red Rooster by The Stones. First album was Inflammable Material by Stiff Little Fingers (which was not a reference to PVC consumer units) I still have the SLF album but all my singles got lost in transit except for one, Revolt into Style by Bill Nelsons Red noise on blue vinyl.

By the way, I'm not that old, the Stones single I bought n the late 70's long after it was originally released 

Last edited by a moderator:
First record was a 7" single Little Red Rooster by The Stones. First album was Inflammable Material by Stiff Little Fingers (which was not a reference to PVC consumer units) I still have the SLF album but all my singles got lost in transit except for one, Revolt into Style by Bill Nelsons Red noise on blue vinyl.

By the way, I'm not that old, the Stones single I bought n the late 70's long after it was originally released 
Pull the other one Marvo :innocent

Johnny Cash Vs Frankie Valli !!

You win hands down  :Salute
Thank you !     Theatre was half full of aging Teddy boys , there to see Carl Perkins  who toured with JC .

This is great, mention of Bill Nelson and Carl Perkins....

I saw Be Bop Deluxe in Hamersmith in 1976, Bill Nelson is one of the best British Guitarists of all time and Sunburst Finish one of the greatest albums ever.

Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes so much better than Elvis........... in my opinion 

This is great, mention of Bill Nelson and Carl Perkins....

I saw Be Bop Deluxe in Hamersmith in 1976, Bill Nelson is one of the best British Guitarists of all time and Sunburst Finish one of the greatest albums ever.

Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes so much better than Elvis........... in my opinion 
I think we're talking about different Bill Nelsons.

Bill Nelsons Red Noise.

I think you're right on that one MM   , Carl Perkins had a great guitar style too .  Strange that a tiny recording studio in Memphis had many of the blues singers on it's books plus  Elvis Presley , Johnny cash , Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis , Roy Orbison .

Elvis must have been the greatest pop icon of our time , a flawed individual who grabbed popular music by the throat and shook it to death .

I read a comment once that his family were "as poor as white folks can be" 

And a prime example of someone who put his "friends" on the payroll & should have dumped his manager instead of being manipulated .

Latest posts