Ufo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make no apology for posting this and contrary to what Stepps may tell you..I'm not a crazy person.

I know many poo-poo such things but I offer this as a true account of seeing a UFO  , as in Unidentified Flying Object  NOT   Flying Saucer with little green men aboard .

This has puzzled me for 20 years now .

What would we see in the sky ,  aircraft, weather ballons, comets, meteorites, US spy planes , the space station . This was none of those.

So, I took this on Friday to demonstrate where I saw the following.     This is the rear of our house , where I park my van .

20 yrs ago I had a Renault Traffic  which didn't fit here  so  I was parking our car around midnight one night .  Pitch dark except for a few dim stars .

I get out of the car to o[pen the doors and see a very  bright light /star  to the right of the large fir tree in the pic  over my garage.

I park the car in the garage , step out , close the doors , the light is still there. 

I look at it for a few seconds thinking how bright it appears to be when it moves very slightly to the left ...and then accelerates at a blistering  rate ....... appearing and disapearing behind the trees  you can see  there and disapeared from sight over to the  left .

I've seen Tornados and Harrier Jump Jets  go off but this would leave them standing TBH. 

Image003 (5).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience when I was a lad, around 1985, walking across a large open space (large playing field) with a friend looking for worms for fishing bait. Anyhow we'd got to about the middle of the field when out of nowhere there was this huge bright light above us, there was no noise totally silent other than the sound of cars buzzing along the parkway at the back of the field. Well we froze, the light stayed for what seemed a lifetime although in reality it was probably 30-40 secs, then in silence it travels across the sky, meets up with what appeared to be five other bright lights then at lightening speed the six of them whisked across the sky and out of sight. Couldn't tell if they went straight up and out or forward and out. But one thing for sure both my friend and I have never forgotten it!!

What it they were we've never found out?

I had a similar experience when I was a lad, around 1985, walking across a large open space (large playing field) with a friend looking for worms for fishing bait. Anyhow we'd got to about the middle if the field when our if nowhere there was this huge bright light above us, there was no noise totally silent other than the sound of cars buzzing along the parkway at the back of the field. Well we froze, the light stayed for what seemed a lifetime although in reality it was probably 30-40 secs, then in silence it travels across the sky, meets up with what appeared to be five other bright lights then at lightening speed the six if them whisked across the sky and out of sight. Couldn't tell if they went straight up and out or forward and out. But one thing for sure both my friend and I have never forgotten it!!

What it they were we've never found out?
 Did they probe you?  :lol:

I used to work with  a guy who took 'Close Encounters' the film, to heart. He rigged up several car headlights and used to shine them up into the sky. Police helicopeters can also be quite quiet in certain weather conditions, and from a distance. In Plymouth they have regular music event in the summer evenings and hsine floodlights inot sky - needless to say when it first started......

Lots of strange things happen with lights and people buggering about. My take on this stuff is quite simple, why would an alien race travel light years across the galaxy and spend thier time putting the willies up people. Think they would be far more likely to announce themselves  and say surrender or else :shotgun:

I think there is something else out there. No idea what though.

I think that all these "UFOs" that keep being seen are the same beings keeping on coming back for another look as they cannot believe what a complete **** up,we,are making of it!

Present posters excepted...

Why is it that 99.999999999999999999999999999% of all abductions and close encounters are witnessed by total nutters usually in the Backwoods of the USA by a single toothed yokel called Cletus or BILLy-Jo-Bob or similar?

Just saying

there is something out there called the Universe and it's very very BIG! We know jack all about it. The Amazonian tribes have the same word for god and tree, ie trees are god. More advanced religions have  similar consept based on god being in the sky. Now we have lost religion on favour of aliens and other stuff like that, it follows logic when you see how absolutley huge the Universe is, and how bloody insignificant we are.

Just philosphysing....

...........I get out of the car to o[pen the doors and see a very  bright light /star  to the right of the large fir tree in the pic  over my garage.

I park the car in the garage , step out , close the doors , the light is still there. 

I look at it for a few seconds thinking how bright it appears to be when it moves very slightly to the left ...and then accelerates at a blistering  rate ....... appearing and disapearing behind the trees  you can see  there and disapeared from sight over to the  left .

I've seen Tornados and Harrier Jump Jets  go off but this would leave them standing TBH. 

attachicon.gif
Image003 (5).jpg
I had a similar experience also probably about 20 or so years ago when I lived in Georgia (US not Russia). Me and a few friends also saw a light in the sky, it wasn't blisteringly fast as you described but it moved quite quickly but the reason we noticed it was that it moved erratically. It was visible for around 15 minutes in the same area of the sky so we decided to plot a rough position using a compass and an approximate angle. We drove about a mile up the road and took similar readings and again in a location another mile away. Shortly after that it moved around again then disappeared entirely.

We never figured out what it was but it flew around about 5 miles away and at an altitude of around 800 yards. To cover the kind of distances it did we figured it's speed was over 100 miles per hour at times. 

Conspiracy theory No 1  ..............."They're already here "

Theres thousands of aliens in Birmingham ....  definitely from another planet if you ask me . :eek:

Not that I remember, but then again my memory hasn't been so good since that fateful night! :eek:
Sharpie , have you checked that all your organs are still there ?  :eek:

:slap :slap :slap

sightings of certain planets shining through earths atmosphere at a low angle is always a favourite for 'fast moving lights'. most of us live in cities aren't very well connected with the night world, so when we find ourselves out in the middle of nowhere and its proper dark, we see many things you can't explain. i used to spend a lot of time out on Dartmoor training teams for ten tors competetion. On very still misty nights car headliights can do very strange things. I've spent inordinate amonts of time staring at the night sky and never seen a ufo. But my favourite experince is a full moon on a night with a clear sky and a heavy frost - stunningly beautiful and almost like the sun was up! my least favourite memory was walking alone in a mist on a darkish night and sheep coughing - sheep can be truly spooky, especially after watching were-wolf films :run

I remember as kids we were scared shirtless by my mate coming into school with a story of their neigbour having an encounter with a "Spaceman " and she was going to have his baby .  

Everyone had laughed at my mate at first but going home , the police were there , and then it was in the paper on the night and as kids you believe anything .   

I just Googled it and the story is still there . All nonsense but it endures.

:slap :slap :slap

sightings of certain planets shining through earths atmosphere at a low angle is always a favourite for 'fast moving lights'. most of us live in cities aren't very well connected with the night world, so when we find ourselves out in the middle of nowhere and its proper dark, we see many things you can't explain. i used to spend a lot of time out on Dartmoor training teams for ten tors competetion. On very still misty nights car headliights can do very strange things. I've spent inordinate amonts of time staring at the night sky and never seen a ufo. But my favourite experince is a full moon on a night with a clear sky and a heavy frost - stunningly beautiful and almost like the sun was up! my least favourite memory was walking alone in a mist on a darkish night and sheep coughing - sheep can be truly spooky, especially after watching were-wolf films :run
Sheep are weird ....they all turn to watch you silently.           Mind you theres a few pubs like that round here.  :(

its the rustling of dead braken and coughing like an old man in the dark that gets really spooky on your own in the dead of night. foxes don't half make a racket too.

You try being near the river at the dead of night and a cow wanders across towards you then a tree falls in to the water, that checks the blood pressure, that happened before the sighting.

You try being near the river at the dead of night and a cow wanders across towards you then a tree falls in to the water, that checks the blood pressure, that happened before the sighting.
so you were already spooked before the sighting....hence more prone to seeing something explainable as un-explainable.

I stopped watching horror films for years whilst doing the ten tors stuff, apart from not being home much of a weekend to watch films, it was good not be pre-spooked :^O

Not really because I'm not that easily spooked, but there are the odd things that make your hair stand on end!!

Not really because I'm not that easily spooked, but there are the odd things that make your hair stand on end!!

To be fair the river experience was a couple of years prior.

Can't say that I've had an experience with UFO's or beings from another planet without the aid of hallucinogenic drugs, But one thing I do know is Deke.... You need a bigger lock on your van! 
Yeah   the last one had a hasp & padlock on back doors ...this one is central locked from the driver's door ...locked in the garage there.... intruders need to come down the long drive you &  through security gates .

I may have a piccy of said gates .

Image013 (2).jpg