• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted steeple mcb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By persuading, and helping customers to complain, if necessary without charge to them and at cost to us.

Tonight I have made the decision that I will now do this from this point forward, I will give my time & resources to assist customers to bring complaints against dodgy work without charge, for private domestic clients.

Now I don't have many, so that may be an easy decision for me, but if we all did it then perhaps a difference could be made?
You have my assistance when required for that.

I'm thinking along the lines of a generic form which you ask the customer to sign to confirm that the installation had been carried out by or on behalf of B&Q, which we write our findings. 

There could be a section which gives us permission to take photos of said install with the consent of customer. There could also be a line to the effect that says 'I, Mr/Mrs customer hereby gives permission for this document to be used for the purpose of ?investigation? by 'spark'. 

We collectively could then build a portfolio which would cover a large area which we could use to challenge B&Q against the regs either statutory or non? We could perhaps have a couple of representatives that could act for us? 

Juat at thinking out aloud please feel free to add or correct as you all see fit. 

I think that the problem will be, that...

a) the "customer" won't believe that the B&Q employee (they don't realise that they're sub contractors) would do anything wrong and therefore they believe that we are trying it on

OR

b) that they don't want to cause a fuss and will just pay for it to be fixed

Yes Noz, we as people are very forgiving in that when someone does us wrong we tend to ignore and resolve by another means (not in all instances) but I was thinking along the lines of Erin Brockovic type collating of info? We collect the info then address the findings to the relevant bodies??

Latest posts