Watchdog

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching watchdog rogue traders. Don't it make you sick seeing old people being ripped off. The bloke ripped a next inspection sticker off a cu and said it was passed it. What a knobheAd !

i was going to start a thread about it, yes they were rip off merchants but on the other hand i dont think the experts were experts, laughing when the bloke said the board wasnt up to current regs, it didnt have a RCD as far as i can see! and saying split load boards are no longer available!

If a customer has a fuseboard without a rcd i will suggest to them one should be fitted guess this means i will be on watchdog soon, watch out for me im the one that looks like a dog.

Yeah I thought it was a bit unfair, the 2 blokes were charging way too much, but on the other hand apparantly 350 is the most you should spend for a CU change, hmm, what if you need bonding tails and RCBO's!

Some really duff advice was given out, made me feel like a cowboy for telling people I need to upgrade or put a seperate CU in for certain work.

The main threat from people like this is the fact that a potential dangerous fault was not corrected which could have resulted in a fire. Even when they changed the CU.

No testing?

The socket that was u/s in the old Lady's house that the "Dad" was originally called to, was never looked at - not even after the CU upgrade.

Here's the link to watch the Rogue Traders section -

<b>Rogue Traders (watchdog) Thursday 20th May 2010 - Electric Man (Father & Son team)</b>"]Rogue Traders (watchdog) Thursday 20th May 2010 - British Electric - Electric Man (Father & Son team)

The times are 14 Mins 15 Secs to 20 Mins 50 Secs

Then:

30 Mins 14 Secs to 36 Mins 46 Secs

And finally:

49 Mins 3 Secs to 55 Mins 38 Secs

well might be my next step!! for whoever was monitoring my plight to get something done about a rogue trader here, i have contacted all bodies ,right throuh to trading standards and NOBODY will take it on..even though i have said that the instalation is unfinished/unsafe and are falsley using an niceic accredited badge!

If i want something to happen i have got to take em to court myself!.....why even trust anyone , i give in guys

These programmes , although we all love 'em, tend to frighten people . They should have an appropriate expert in Elect, Gas, building etc. to comment.

Building extension I finished today with builders , 6 weeks ago the customer was really concerned at the start that the builder may have had his own TV programme, checking it all on the internet, over the moon today. Slipped myself,plumber,plasterer and brickie a twenty each while the builder was away.

well might be my next step!! for whoever was monitoring my plight to get something done about a rogue trader here, i have contacted all bodies ,right throuh to trading standards and NOBODY will take it on..even though i have said that the instalation is unfinished/unsafe and are falsley using an niceic accredited badge!If i want something to happen i have got to take em to court myself!.....why even trust anyone , i give in guys
Steve , the NICEIC are usually fierce about use of their logo, last one I read of was fined something like

well might be my next step!! for whoever was monitoring my plight to get something done about a rogue trader here, i have contacted all bodies ,right throuh to trading standards and NOBODY will take it on..even though i have said that the instalation is unfinished/unsafe and are falsley using an niceic accredited badge!If i want something to happen i have got to take em to court myself!.....why even trust anyone , i give in guys
The NICEIC will always act if anyone is using thier brand without registration. Trading standards will only act if the branding is used in any litrature, without registration, which would mislead the potential consumers into thinking they are a member.

You could try a phone call to watchdog! We may get to see who it is on national TV

well sorry but they havent this time !!!they sent me to trading standards who then said that unless i am the consumer i cannot compain...its up to them to do it...never mind the unsafe installation and childrens lives at risk...waste of money if they dont do their jobs..sorry but i have emails and letters here ...nobody wants to know.

they show niceic logo on website and niceic logo on leaflets and flyers ....is that literature enough lol...and yes i have presented evidence of this

Then that is a poor show from NIC , but its happened before when other sparks have come across bad work from an NIC member they didn't want to know.

Too busy building up their big empire perhaps with their new name , what was it ....Uncertain... or something .

Then that is a poor show from NIC , but its happened before when other sparks have come across bad work from an NIC member they didn't want to know. Too busy building up their big empire perhaps with their new name , what was it ....Uncertain... or something .
They have a duty to follow up any complaint, and should act on anyone who is saying they are registered with them but are not!

yeh i got a copy of the cert he issued too...looks like a child has filled it in...obviously not had any training at all

eg: main isolator = 60898

no z readings

i can go on and on

makes me sick

yeh i got a copy of the cert he issued too...looks like a child has filled it in...obviously not had any training at all eg: main isolator = 60898

no z readings

i can go on and on

makes me sick
I do not think he knows what is what from the sounds of it. So he has a mcb as a main isolator ? lol

Latest posts