Water Bill , nationwide survey

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no doubt that the aging existing reservoirs were built when we had about 30 million people (or less) ................... so obviously long term planning means construction of new ones must be at an advanced stage ?????????????? 

Can you imagine trying to get plans for new reservoirs past today's tree huggers?

Thank your luck stars for the Victorians, because their foresight is probably going to have to last until the end of mankind! THAT is why we are predictably going to be short of water.

My annual water and sewerage bill from Welsh Water is an outrageous £549. I was going to make a complaint about it but was advised to just go with the flow.

Dunno  I was hoping for a few more .    I suppose my own bill  @  just over £1  /day   isn't bad  .   Just that it came after the Council Tax ..all that money for NOT having your bins emptied  rankles a bit .  

Dunno  I was hoping for a few more .    I suppose my own bill  @  just over £1  /day   isn't bad  .   Just that it came after the Council Tax ..all that money for NOT having your bins emptied  rankles a bit .  
Bloody hell mate, you don't want much do you, paying all that council tax and you WANT your bins emptied, I hope you realise that if they did this they'd have less money for their jollies, blimey, you'll be wanting libraries and care for the elderly next. lol

So as it stands ,  just Specs paying less than me  , everyone paying more .   

Not counting Dave , he lives in a tent at he moment .  

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead Oh dear...……………..

So that's CHEAPER water....   :slap

AND..

we get our bins emptied as B/Ham Council don't reach this far!!!     :happybunny:

in fact... Twas Bin Day TODAY... :tongueincheek

Nice empty bin ready to fill again...  

:p :D :pmsl1: ROTFWL

:coat

Really  ,   I ,ve forgotten what an empty bin looks like .

They got contractors in two weeks ago  .....  tipped the re-cycling paper into the re-cycling metal /glass  and tipped the lot into the household section of the truck . 

This week is supposed to be back to normal , we'll see  ...gone on since bleedin' Christmas this has . 

water bill for the SW nigh on £1000, we went on a meter and it dropped to £600ish for the year.  It's paying for all you tourists that puts our bills up! 

water bill for the SW nigh on £1000, we went on a meter and it dropped to £600ish for the year.  It's paying for all you tourists that puts our bills up! 

So, you are subsidising all the tourists having a shower and using the loo, before they go to the beach, and once again when they come back from the beach, before they go out night-clubbing to pick up girls/lads for the night. It has to be said, you are doing a grand job!

Doc H.

Really  ,   I ,ve forgotten what an empty bin looks like .

They got contractors in two weeks ago  .....  tipped the re-cycling paper into the re-cycling metal /glass  and tipped the lot into the household section of the truck . 

This week is supposed to be back to normal , we'll see  ...gone on since bleedin' Christmas this has . 
And  yet again the bins are still out on the kerbsides .    

council tax isn't much different to the rest of you, we just have very expensive water bills, which is quite an anomaly, given we live in one of the wettest parts of the UK.  

The high cost is probably more about fixing all the leaks and creaking infrastructure after little or no investment for 50 odd years ... and the size of the area versus the numbers of users