What sort of cable is this ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop looking I Gluegled it . Now I'm really puzzled !! Its a single core 2491X flexible .

So why would the stuff the heating people dumped on me today specify that cable for wiring all the zone stats?

The Are battery powered Myson stats that need a pair of control wires back to the manifolds , heating guy said use bell wire but I found that hard to believe.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:00 ----------

Back later guys thanks for replies.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:01 ----------

OK Next question is , this is an Air Source heating system with zone stats in every area , 13 in all ,using Myson stats , heating guy says use bell wire , manufacturer's instructions say H05V-K . Anyone do these regularly?

Never having wired from battery powered stats before they'll have to tell me in writing I think , I don't trust a load of bell wire fixed in the fabric of this new build .

I would not use bell wire TBH!

Hate the stuff with a passion.

Get a couple of rolls of Tri you'll be fine, lovely to work with.

What colours \ sizes to you want, I may have some spare.

Else TBH I would prefer 0.5mm Sq twin flat flex.

I was thinking of the flat flex TBH . Thanks for answers .

Heating guy has dumped this on the builder ,trying to get the client to pay for the electric side of the system methinks . He gave me a garbled resume' of the system but no wiring diagram . He also said to me... " I'd have thought you'd find all this interesting Sparks "

I had to say "I think you're mixing me up with someone who gives a sheet "

Well manufacturer's instructions ask for this H05V-K in 1.5 which appears to be a single core insulated only flexible control cable . Although the stats are battery powered I don't know what voltage they use for switching nor whether a 3c is needed to open and close the manifold valves .

They're emailing a drawing yesterday so I'll have a look for that last week. !!

As Batty we have used shielded cat6 FTP, not a problem and plenty of cores.

We also did install using 6243Y to each stat, but on connection it only needed 2 cores, and the wires in the stat were like 0.25.

It depends on the system the stats go back to controller printed circuit board.

I do a lot of heating/BMS for a number of different manufacturers, myson included and as mentioned a screened beldon cable is the cable of choice. It comes in a multitude of different guises to suit any sort of power/switching application needed.

Latest posts