Which are the best combination ladders

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lead-Laddie

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a set of Zages Skymaster combination ladders anyone got a set of these?

I am looking at the 3 x 10 set, (I am too nervous above their working height).

Not cheap at

Ive used a few combo ladders, some much better than others,

if I was buying a set Id deffo want to actually try them before I parted with my money.

what height do they go? both in combo mode and fully stretched?

after all, you may as well get them large enough to double as proper triples, even if you wont use the height in combo mode.

i have 2 similar ones, one with 10 rungs and a shorter set about 7 rungs. and it can be a little scary when your at the top of them fully extended

Hi Lead,

I've got some similar ladders which were from B&Q (not sure of make) and have found them very useful in the different configurations.l. The only downside to the stabiliser is that on uneven hard ground the ladders are either a bit wobbly or lean to the side :( Also the webbing has started to fray but I have had mine for about 10 years.

Please do not start two identical threads - I have deleted the duplicate.

Sorry I did not realise I started two identical threads. I'll be more aware next time.

I have seen the Hailo with adjustable stabilizer foot and they are actually cheaper

than the Zarges for a set of 3 x 10 combination ladders and are a lot lighter.

Ladders being heavy make for a less attractive prospect making it hard for a thief.

but the point is well taken.

I like the rung profile of the Zarges as they are 3 sided half round at the top and not square like the Hailo.

ZARGES RUNGS ARE VERY COMFORTABLE.

If your straps are worn B&Q sell the webbing so pop in and get some. 10 years is a long time before the straps wear.

You made a very good point about wanting to try them out before deciding.

Next time I am in the area I may try that supplier mentioned, ASH in Ancoats, near Mcr central.

the specs of the Zarges iare

Model 40229

Weight (Kg) 24.3000 That is heavy

Manufacturer Zarges

Warranty / Guarantee 1 Year

Material Aluminium

Class EN131 (Max Load 150 kg)

Class Use Heavy Duty & Industrial - for daily use

Key Ranges Skymaster Trade

Max Working Height (metres) 7.26 m

[B]Height Fully Extended (metres) 6.90 m

Height When Open (metres) 4.95 m i.e. in combination mode

Closed / Section Height (metres) 3.00 m

Rungs (per section) 10 Rungs

Number of Sections 3 Sections

Base Width (inc bars) 0.90 m

Another point I considered is that I am quite short stature 5ft 4in, if the ladder's

sections were any taller I wouldn't be able to control them when moving them about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weight (Kg) 24.3000 That is heavy
mine weigh about the same. you soon get used to the weight and the best way to move them about.

i also have some doubles that are lighter, but longer. i find them a bit harder to work with than the combi tripples

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a glass fibre one. Hate it. It's overly heavy.

I'm thinking about selling them and getting an aluminium equivalent

Jono,

That's the exact set that I have and I find them great.

If you do get them you will find that they balance really well on the rung just below shoulder level (carrying on the narrowest side) IYKWIM;)

Latest posts