Which is best consumer unit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised with how many of you think 250 is cheap for a board change, round my way thats the going rate and everyone seems to be quoting it - thats for a straight forward board change, tails and bonding and faults are extra.

To be honest if your a sole trader and its a simple 2/3 bed house then it shouldnt be a problem. Its not great money but its only a days work.

(Plus you always get the extra when you have to rewire the landing light neutral to boost the money)

I'm surprised with how many of you think 250 is cheap for a board change, round my way thats the going rate and everyone seems to be quoting it - thats for a straight forward board change, tails and bonding and faults are extra. To be honest if your a sole trader and its a simple 2/3 bed house then it shouldnt be a problem. Its not great money but its only a days work.

(Plus you always get the extra when you have to rewire the landing light neutral to boost the money)
I personally don't like doing consumer unit changes as you end up sorting out other peoples crap. I price them on the high side that way I don't get to many luckily.

Batty

i think CU changes are one of the easiest jobs going... usually get the old one stripped out by 8.20 and the new installed by 9.30 (providing i dont have to extend many cables to reach new positions).... then all the I&T & certs can take the rest of the morning