Which printer?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently have an Epson SX515W All in one printer. I have had 3 of these under warranty and the current one has just packed up. I need an all in one and wondered if anyone has any suggestions. I need it to be a colour printer with scanner, copier & printer (not necessarily fax) and preferably as cheap as poss on ink carts. Preferably less than

I have the Brother MFC465CN, and it is nothing but problematic - I wouldn`t buy again.......

(I also have an Epson 6 ink printer just for photos; and an HP laserjet2420, which cost me nowt (with a full toner cartridge) ;) , only B&W, but it prints all the invoices and certs (through Easycert).

KME

I can only recommend you the Brother DCP195C, it fits all your needs and the ink is relatively cheap. I only bought it two months ago after my Canon printer completely crashed while I was printing out pop concert tickets that I urgently needed :C Lucky me, I still got to see the show anyway...

I love HP printers for quality but they rape you for the genuine cartridges.

The tank looks good, but I don't print that much in colour. Most printing is via wireless B&W laser and if I need to print colour I can always use my inkjet all in one (also HP)

HP all the way for me - at least at home. I have an all in one which never misses a beat. Ink pricey but tesco do alternatives not too bad. Never get an epson. Had one in the church office. Got so annoyed with it I pushed it off the desk and smashed it (which felt very good). Use a copier hooked up to PC to print from office now.