Windows XP disc help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have lost my original XP install disck and need to format my 2 pc's. Does anyone have a copy they could spare (either on disk or to download)?

The original disc was linked to your machine - a copy will flag windoze validation system, and decide its a counterfeit. Windoze`ll ask for a new validation key :( :(

Last I heard, Mockrosoft were charging

some pc have a built in factory reset, u could be lucky

my mate had same prob, he got a xp disk it worked and still does but now its coming up with illegal version

The original disc was linked to your machine - a copy will flag windoze validation system, and decide its a counterfeit. Windoze`ll ask for a new validation key :( :(Last I heard, Mockrosoft were charging

my mate had same prob, he got a xp disk it worked and still does but now its coming up with illegal version
Seems there is a limit on how many times M$ will let you reinstall XP, I had two pukka keys die on me after 6th or so reload, which is carp considering how many times you have to start from fresh as XP slows down after a few months

Yes Vista "rather stick pins in my eyes", however I have been using Win7 eval as a media centre for a while very good, so now have bought the release copy

It's the key not the disc that is relevant, all the disc's are identical, so if Cirrus still has a valid key any disc will work, I'm not even sure the discs have any copy protectionBTW this should be in the Computers section - ADMIN?
Moved.

The Godfather

its bad really u paid for the software when u get the pc it should be guaranteed for the computers life

It's the key not the disc that is relevant, all the disc's are identical, so if Cirrus still has a valid key any disc will work, I'm not even sure the discs have any copy protectionBTW this should be in the Computers section - ADMIN?
Don't think that is quite the case.

Don

You have to phone the Tel. No. on the screen, and they will give you a new code.

If they ask why, you just tell them.

you also need the correct release ie sp1,2,or 3.

had this prob but rang ms and told the tale and they gave me a new key over the phone.

ms will flag up illegal if not registered but you can use, believe they only stop upgrades. Try fleabay might get cheap oe with key

Latest posts