Wiring Diagram Barn / Workshop

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better still, get one to quote for doing whatever, and then post their proposals on here...

Then the "boffins" on here, [and there are some REAL experts on here] can tell you whether it all looks reasonable, and maybe some good questions that you can fire back at the electrician..

john..

I do not believe you came here seeking advice and answers i believe you came in search of an echo chamber to parrot back exactly what you want to hear, unfortunately this was never going to be the case here or on any other electrical forum. Now before you say it again this has absolutely nothing to do with your gender or anyone elses, the ridiculous insults on both sides serve no purpose at all. The issue is you fundamentally do not understand what you are trying to achieve and in such are making potentially dangerous assumptions. Perhaps you could now answer the question you have been responsibly asked several times. Are you and do you deem yourself competent to sign this part of an EIC.EIC.jpg

If not then you have no business continuing a electrician cannot sign for your design. As an outside observer i urge you not to continue on this path instead create a detailed specification of what you require per room and then with this and they layout drawing go though it with a suitably qualified electrician who will advise you properly.

Yes I do want to be involved , is it only Sparky's that think only them can get involved with a customers job ! .

As I have already stated , quote  "  I am attaching a revised drawing that I am going to hand to the Electrician and say this is basically  what I would like to be done , then we will walk round together and discuss the matter in hand "unquote .

God help the electrician fool that takes this job on.

Right found this,

What part if this don't you guys get,?

The 'lady' is installing all this herself and simply wants a proper person to agree that her 'design' meets all the relevant regs so she can tell her customer that some complete stranger on tinternet said it was fine,

Certs,? :slap

WTGrape

Its all beer money from a waster, 

Or maybe Steptoe had it all fully sussed out and summarised earlier on. Certs? what certs?  This work will neither be designed, installed nor testing in accordance with current wiring regulations. Just a like for like replacement with some added bits. 

Doc H.

And from what I gathered a load of red and black cable ripped out because it was red and black and "old", without pausing for a moment to, heaven forbid, employ sparkies (who should, let it be noted, give away free designs), to do a an EICR and see if it was still fit for purpose. 

Miss Betty may have saved herself thousands, but then who really cares?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have locked this thread whilst under investigation. Sexist remarks whilst some find funny others will find offensive.This action has been taken after reported content, I would like to remind all members that unless a report is issued, moderators may be unaware of the actual content of a post. Therefore if you are offended or feel that you are being victimised or abused then use the report button.

I have edited out some of the comments found and have deleted some posts that quoted the remarks. Please keep all discussions polite and without sexist remarks we are not living in the 1970's. The thread is now as you can see unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator: