Y app readings compared with the smart meter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if that's the case my meter is faulty as today at 830am it's reading 9.2kwh at a cost of £1.88 😄
might be worth getting your own single phase meter installed between the smart meter and the boards to record exactly what you are buying from the grid. Like the unit below, which is OFGEM approved. It's perectly legal to have your won meter in line with your leccy suppliers. https://www.electricaldirect.co.uk/product/100a-single-phase-digital-check-meter-436268

I've actually got one of those from when I installed the solar but didn't wire it in. Am I right in thinking it would just give a kWh used and wouldn't distinct between the low rate and high rate of usage?

I've actually got one of those from when I installed the solar but didn't wire it in. Am I right in thinking it would just give a kWh used and wouldn't distinct between the low rate and high rate of usage?
Yes, just total bought from the grid, but that means you can compare readings with how many kWh the smart meter thinks you are using.

There's no point then m8 because the smart meter is sending all sorts of figures. Yesterday the readings at 830am it said 9.8 kwh costing £1.88. day before at 830am it was over 25kwh costing over £6. This morning I'm at 12kwh for £4.75. there's no pattern ATM though this morning it's about the Std charge rate.
if I compare these figures to the online app the 9.8 for yesterday is about right.

According to the app my usage is pretty consistent between 14 and 17kwh over the past 2 week though I guess I'm not having the privalage of knowing the costings unless I sit and workit out every day. ☹️

Latest posts