yet another pricing question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
well we've not had one for a week! lol

say on extending a ring by about 5 dso, would you......

price per point? or by the day? and how much (i know the price is a post code thing but just want a rough guide)

I only price per point on new work, where I can 'see' the problems OR where I know the site and KNOW what the problems will be. Otherwise it is the estimated time and materials required.

However, the majority of my work is on a 'time and materials' basis which all my existing customers are happy with. They know that I am 'on the clock' from when I set off to when I get back home, also that they only pay for the actual materials used...... :Y

And builders hate it ;)
Tuff on 'em!

I won't work for builders directly; after 35 + years I am sick of someone trying to 'yank my chain'!!

I am doing a F huge extension at present, I have known the owner for 20 odd years; which is why I am doing the job. I only took the job on subject to me doing the work for HIM and not the builder. This is the job I posted the RAKO question about. So far 400m Cat6, 300m 2.5 speaker cable, 120m digital Co-ax, Satellite Shotgun, etc etc etc.

I call the owner/ or see him everyday and discuss what he wants.[we are making it up as we go along]...the builder was aware of this at the start and has to live with it. As long as I am ahead of the plasterer everybody is happy. Everybody helps everybody else and gets on well. The job is on schedule, nobody is waiting on anybody else. I invoiced the client at about midnight last night for an interim payment...he BACSd it to my account at 0800 this morning!...........just a pity that all customers are not like this............... :Y