JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
monkey5

Central Heating Wiring help again!

steptoe
Heat Pac System C Boilers are fitted with Pressure vessel,

Grundfoss circulating Pump, ,,,,,,,,

this would tie in with it being an oil burner, and the fact it has L + SL terminals,

I'll try find some actual details on it in a bit.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:25 ----------

www.boilers4you.com/brochure.../firebird/ENVIROMAX-MANUAL.pdf

section 4

page 15

all self explanatory really.

Sidewinder

M,

I can't see enough detail in your pic, it looks like the burner rather than the whole boiler to me!

Sorry!

Listen.

Talk to you plumber, get him to write down in plain English a narrative of what he is trying to do and what he "thinks" is inside the boiler.

A block diagram of the wet side would be good too, make sure I can see it though! ;)

We can between us all here make this work even if we need plumbing help, I'm not bad, neither are a few others and several of us have "pet" plumbers anyway.

Lets persevere for a bit and see what we can sort.

IF your plumber is struggling get him to sign up, we won't take the p155, we'll help as long as he introduces himself as "your" plumber.

If this can be done we can do it between us all.

steptoe

firebird C35 - Google Search

that link seems broke,

its the one top of this page,

batty

I am not brilliant at wiring heating systems but have done quite a few and most have not been standard but they have all had valves of some sort on them. As far as I am concearned a relay is only like a changeover switch so it will actually need something to change it over and make it work. I cannot see how it can make a pump run and even if it did what will then close it. Most oil boilers do not need the heat taking away although I could be wrong about that. Don't heating engineers put a loop of pipe in just past the boiler to take some of the heat away anyway. Just a few thoughts. I think some heating engineers expect you to know everything had this on a recent job wiring an airsource heating system the instructions were across about 5 manuals and each was different took me ages to wire it up then the builder is moaning due to the fact the job has gone over budget would have been nice to have been supplied with a wiring diagram for the system I was fitting not about ten different plans from five instruction books.

steptoe

manual in the downloads section,

this boiler is fitted with everything needed by the looks of things,

Sidewinder

It sounds like the plumber has piped it as a Firebird Combi C plumbed system, thus the wiring is as per pages 24 & 25 of the PDF.

I'll have to print them to see, not now trust me!

I'll try 2moro!

batty

Quick look at instructions it looks like pump can be wired from boiler so it may be possible to wire pumps via relay from boiler but as said I am not brilliant on systems so somebody like sidey would be better on this one.

monkey5

cheers guys.

steptoe

we now need to find out the plumbing method,

but certainly looks like it can be done, without too much hassle.

Sidewinder

Monkey,

I'll print the pages off the manual tomorrow and try to put a diagram together IF that is my post above wrt to the wet side is right!

NozSpark

It souns like this boiler is similar to mine regarding the water jacket...

It has a single water jacket with 4 bosses 2 each side at the top and bottom, It allows the plumber to plumb it as a 2 or 4 pipe system. In this case he's done it as a 4 pipe,, both flows share the same hot water from the boiler jacket..

As to how the over run works,, that's becoming something else now;)

steptoe

sidey,

had a quick look and it would appear so,

just a case of linking in the room stat and cyl stat then,

you can do that while your burning the toast tomoz morning, :D

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:59 ----------

there is a comment in the manual about a pipe stat,

any oil burners I have done in the past always had a pipe stat at some point for this purpose.