Electric Instantaneous Water Heater For Bath

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have looked in the past for this beast with no luck. A customer   this week  said he had found one online, but lost it . I need one for a 1 bed flat, it will feed a bath tub, shower & 2 sinks.

Any one got a link as i can not find  one &  from past experience they don't exist as you cant get the flow  to heat a bath,  fill the bath slowly then it will be cold by the time its full. As its a 1 bed flat i dont have a problem (well, not bothered)  that a sink tap may be opened  whilst the bath/shower is on.  There's not any room for a cylinder & i have told my client not to hold his breath, Over to you !

What about the 10KW jobbies would one of those work actually probably not as even a 10.5 KW shower to me has poor flow.

I think the customer would be very disappointed with any instant water heater for a bath.

the highest  have seen is 10.5Kw.  Now just think how long it would take to fill a bath using a 10.5Kw shower.  Same time for an instant water heater.

I even moan about the time it takes to run a bath with a 20Kw combi boiler and think that is a poor solution.

imho the only way to fill a bath is from a hot water tank, then you are only limited by the water pressure and how quick it can fill the bath. 

And he might find his tenants don't stay long, or keep complaining how long it takes to fill a bath.

At least he's also giving them a shower so hopefully that will work better.

Is it true that a 12kw instant water heater is the biggest that can be installed in the UK ?  I see that there are 24kw and 27kw models available on ebay from the US, but not sure if these can be installed in the UK?  Anyone have any experience/advice on using the Ecosmart 24kw in the UK?

24kw is over 104 amps not much domestic or single phase stuff is designed to withstand over 100a for long periods.

24kw @ 110v is 240amps (ish) so they must use their split phase stuff. Still it seems an awful lot of electricity just to heat water.

Strange this thread cropped up now, the flat has only just  been finished and the tenant moving in tomorrow. In the end he did listen to me & fitted a shower, not tub and a conventional cylinder with a 3kw immersion that feeds that and 2 sinks.