DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Wylex Nb30 Type2

Dal Roberts

does anyone know if upto date Wylex NHXBs will fit in place of a Wylex NB type MCBs ?, i don't think they sell these anymore as new , was just wondering if there is any equivalents you can buy new or is it an ebay hunt. cheers ladies and gents 

busbar is in a different place,  current wont fit

Cheers looks like the bay and a few days wait 

This is why i tend to keep every MCB that i remove......

I get sick of the manufacturers changing config all the time.

Wylex were the worst ( never mind the dodgy MCBs that caused plastic DBs to burst into flames and lead in part to AMD3 changes) when they suddenly ditched the HB boards and breakers. I cannot speak for the rest of the country ( unlike LFB) but around here there were 1000s of them....every office block, Factory etc. which was a bit odd as Dorman Smith was only in the next town

Well said Kerch :)

I've got some old wylex breakers in my board at home, I use them as blanks! :lol:

Do CEF still sell the Proteous ones that fit?

Yes they do.

:)

Yes they do.

:)

There you go, force yourself into CEF and get one.

But then the electric police will be after you! :o

I have got an unopened box of brand new Wylex HB30...........NEVER Needed one yet!

But ONE day..........

All 63's?

All 63's?

Of that was for me....the clue is in the HB30

If it was NOT for me then i apologise in the style , and with the contrition of , a Politician who has been caught dressed in PVC, a gimp mask, and sucking an orange laced ith Amyl Nitrate

:slap

Sorry Kerch, all this NHB NXB NB NHXB stuff got my brain fried!

Its been a long day....

Took out an old cream BICC 1361 board yesterday, the metal one with the separate isolator in a box below it

Saved the carriers and fuses.....all the 5A carriers had 13A 1362s in them!, all the 15s had wire wrapped around the pins.....4/5 turns on each 30s were ok

Will put in the drawer...just in case, as I know a couple of places that still have the boards.yes, I know they need changing

Not sure I've ever seen one of those??? google has no answers for me either :(

Still... sounds safer than a wylex :)

Took out an old cream BICC 1361 board yesterday, the metal one with the separate isolator in a box below it

Saved the carriers and fuses.....all the 5A carriers had 13A 1362s in them!, all the 15s had wire wrapped around the pins.....4/5 turns on each 30s were ok

Will put in the drawer...just in case, as I know a couple of places that still have the boards.yes, I know they need changing

I've had to ween myself off doing that sort of thing Kerch ..... the  Ah  this will come in useful one day syndrome ..... just binned a load of rewirable fuse carriers like Bill No. 4's  etc  . 

They actually came in useful about 25 years ago ....City Hospital needed some for an old board that couldn't be shut down  & updated until the dept. was moved for refurbing , so we were able re- fill it with some Bill  10A fuses as a temporary measure.

These days I still remove certain stuff ....  think this may come in sometime ...then talk myself out  of it and bin it .  

One of these? post-7-0-39170800-1432456151_thumb.jpg

One of these? attachicon.gifDSC_0241.JPG

I can imagine what you muttered under your breath when you saw that mess and the customer was asking for a "new fuse box"

One of these? attachicon.gifDSC_0241.JPG

Nah, cartridge fuse version. A bit like the Pullcap fuses. No screws in holder, no screws in carrier. Pull fuse to quickly and....."good morning Vicar"

Pics later

One of these? DSC_0241.JPG

blimey that's a firkin mess!

ex council?

post-11861-0-00203400-1432467608_thumb.j

And just noticed when putting carrier rail back in the workshop that the fuses are in fact PULLCAP...never knew that was a BICC name.......obviously there will be a zero to hero along shortly who knew this all along

post-11861-0-84695000-1432467715_thumb.j

Cheers Kerch, :)

Never seen them before, they look a bit like them revo boxes only slightly less terrifying. :lol:

zero 2 hero?

Cheers Kerch, :)

Never seen them before, they look a bit like them revo boxes only slightly less terrifying. :lol:

zero 2 hero?

Zero to hero......meaning suddenly came from nowhere, with no experience and yet knows it all

Just realised it is not BICC.....but the earlier incarnation of BI Callendar

Just clarifying

Archived