Looking for a Apprenticeship

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T sheldz

Reaction score
Hi All my  son has just completed his level 2 in electrical installation an is applying for vacancies tor trainee electrician, in the south London area.Has anyone got any heads up any think going.T sheldz

Hi T,,,

I'm sorry to say this, but I hate posts like this...(A parent asking for work for their child),,, IMHO your son should be asking this question as it shows that he has some get up and go and wants to get on in life rather than their parent pushing them to find a job.

I know that it can be difficult sometimes, as a parent watching them from the sidelines and encouraging them to do things but that is just as it should be..

Anyway,, as I'm in North Wales I'm of no practical help,, but I hope that your son finds work and wish him all the best

Hi  Nozspark

I understand what you are saying my son has tried and applied for many jobs, it seems the Government Talk about apprenticeship,apprenticeship however it seems 1 vacancy equal 300 applicants.This is the problem in London.

Hi  Nozspark

I understand what you are saying my son has tried and applied for many jobs, it seems the Government Talk about apprenticeship,apprenticeship however it seems 1 vacancy equal 300 applicants.This is the problem in London.
he needs to ring them and speak to them.

if he just hands in a cv they will just throw it away.

im working for an agency tomorrow, i went into the agency itself and met with the guy just before christmas, rang him earlier this week and got a call yesterday about a job and im starting mon.

Hi  Nozspark

he needs to ring them and speak to them.

if he just hands in a cv they will just throw it away.

im working through an agency on monday, i went into the agency itself and met with the guy just before christmas, rang him earlier this week and got a call yesterday about a job and im starting mon.

Last edited by a moderator: