switch10

Wanted steeple mcb

switch10

Hi would anyone happen to have either a 45/50amp steeple mcb they would part with?will pay for it. Need this for Friday morning for a job and local denmans don't have any and can't find 1 anywhere else. It's to replace a steeple e series b32 which is undersized

Edited by switch10
Spelling mistakes

Blue Duck

shower per chance?

leave it in, see how long it lasts! :innocent

3871 type? CEF do a replacement for 15+vat.

switch10
17 minutes ago, Blue Duck said:

shower per chance?

leave it in, see how long it lasts! :innocent

3871 type? CEF do a replacement for 15+vat.

Yes for for a shower, b&q have been out and fitted a 10.5kw shower on 32amp mcb which now keeps tripping and used 6mm cable so now customer wants me to correct there mistake

switch10

Unable to find one you mention on cef website

kerching
43 minutes ago, switch10 said:

Yes for for a shower, b&q have been out and fitted a 10.5kw shower on 32amp mcb which now keeps tripping and used 6mm cable so now customer wants me to correct there mistake

In that case I would be getting B and Q out to correct THEIR mistake at THEIR cost!

Blue Duck
13 minutes ago, kerching said:

In that case I would be getting B and Q out to correct THEIR mistake at THEIR cost!

For sure! Bastards!

@switch10

Not the breaker I was thinking of (3871). Have you tried Denmans (part of the rexel group)?

Edited by Blue Duck
tired

switch10
21 minutes ago, kerching said:

I did suggest that but they have said that they waited over 12 weeks for the bathroom to be installed by them they don't want to wait any longer.  

Tried denmans  locally but none in stock and no offer to get me one 

Edited by switch10

Andy™

is the wiring suitable for the additional load or does that need re-wired too?

kerching

I think B and Q are covered by the NICEIC scam

complain to,them!

not fit for purpose, missold, non compliant with regs, not installed as per Manuf Instructions etc.  some of these may hit a nerve

switch10
14 minutes ago, Andy™ said:

is the wiring suitable for the additional load or does that need re-wired too?

Wiring is is being upgraded to 10mm 

Andy™

NIC wont care, they have already accepted them so wont be able to do anything

unless they have claimed to be NIC but they are not really NIC, then they are going to jail

switch10
9 minutes ago, kerching said:

I think B and Q are covered by the NICEIC scam

complain to,them!

not fit for purpose, missold, non compliant with regs, not installed as per Manuf Instructions etc.  some of these may hit a nerve

I have advised the customer to do this, will wait and see if they do 

Andy™

would it not be easier to simply replace the shower with the same model but different power rating?

Tony S
48 minutes ago, kerching said:

BampQ_zps2xowttfi.jpg

switch10
7 hours ago, Andy™ said:

would it not be easier to simply replace the shower with the same model but different power rating?

Again I did suggest using a less powerful shower but this was the main reason the customer had a new bathroom installed by B&Q in the first place and they would like to keep new shower , so can't really do much,however if i can't get a mcb they may have to otherwise its board change time 

Andy™

or split tails time and install a mini CU. replacing an entire CU just because you cant get an MCB is a bit cowboy ish

Blue Duck

Surely there is one somewhere out there assuming that this is a modern consumer unit? or like Andy said mini cu from that Henley's assuming that everything else is up to scratch.

Assumptions.....

Doc Hudson

Did the B&Q man leave an electrical certificate for their shower install?  I'd be interested to see what they wrote on it. I would certainly be pursuing for a B&Q refund.

Doc H.

Sidewinder

TBH,

I would have guided the customer straight back to B&Q with an EDN in hand, then see what they say about it, in fact I would have even accompanied them FOC!

Blue Duck

With all due respect Mr Sidewinder, I don't think even a store manager would know or care what an EDN is, I doubt even the poor sod thats a QS for BnQ knows what an EDN is....

Sidewinder

Well, in that case, if this is true, then you have just proved my point! ;)

These people are simply then not competent to be doing the work, thus they are committing a criminal offence under EAWR89, punishable by imprisonment.

The sooner this sort of thing is implemented the better.

Blue Duck

Unfortunately money talks and pidgeon-poop walks...

Sidewinder

Yep, but, it's wrong though, we need to stand up and be counted, to get these things changed, perhaps like I have suggested, I know that a lot of us are in business, self-employed etc. and even those employed would loose out.

However, perhaps we need to be offering our services for free to assist customers to complain successfully about shoddy work?

It is certainly something that I will be doing from now on.

switch10

Well went there today and carried out works as requested by customer, B&q did not leave a electrical installation certificate as as far as they are concerned they changed a shower which was years old that they are saying was a 10.2kw for a new style 10.2kw as per customers instructions and therefore as this was a like for like swap they wouldn't be issuing a electrical certificate, even though this is a bathroom. Makes me laugh but I have tried to get customer to complain and take this further but he has had enough of them and can't be bothered to go further. Anyway cable now at 10mm and correct size fuse installed and shower all working as it should be, even better is the fact I have now picked up over 40 down lights to install there along with other works. I did offer to write a formal letter of complaint on his behalf to B&q or go to the store with him but he just wanted it sorted quickly