DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Changing energy suppliers .

Murdoch    191
Murdoch

^^ is it too late to change suppliers ........... re the credit score, I would be asking them why its so low in a letter and see what they say.................

revjames    787
revjames
1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

^^ is it too late to change suppliers ........... re the credit score, I would be asking them why its so low in a letter and see what they say.................

I can't change until the meters are changed to credit, and British gas own them and so have to change them but they won't until I'm seen as a worthy customer.

Sidewinder    1,942
Sidewinder

Get hold of OFGEM Rev, BG are not allowed to do this.

Lurch    520
Lurch
17 hours ago, revjames said:

heres the wierd thing. I logged into experia and was told my score is 898 out of a maximum of 999 so phoned British gas to ask why that wasnt high enough to get a credit meter. It turns out its their own credit rating that matters

That's not weird, that's exactly how it works. Experian etc aren't official credit raters, or whatever. If I want to decided whether to lend you money I decide what factors I take into account, Experian may or may not be a reference I use. All Experian do is look at your history and estimate whether you would be a good risk or not, they do not provide anything other than their own 'best guess' effectively.

Andy™    2,096
Andy™
21 hours ago, revjames said:

heres the wierd thing. I logged into experia and was told my score is 898 out of a maximum of 999 so phoned British gas to ask why that wasnt high enough to get a credit meter. It turns out its their own credit rating that matters. They still cant tell me why, it just comes back with a 'no' . I have updated my electoral roll details in the meantime and will have to stick with prepayment until the rating goes up. Do you think they are desperate to keep me so they can sting me with the 7.9% rise thats coming?

no idea about the prepayment meter part, but the electric at my unit is british gas. they sent a letter with price details for a new contract. various reasons, it never got sent until a month after previous expired. got a call yesterday saying the prices have expired and the new rates they were offering now are less than original and they are going to backdate it to when the previous ended...

heres the wierd thing. I logged into experia and was told my score is 898 out of a maximum of 999 so phoned British gas to ask why that wasnt high enough to get a credit meter. It turns out its their own credit rating that matters. They still cant tell me why, it just comes back with a 'no' . I have updated my electoral roll details in the meantime and will have to stick with prepayment until the rating goes up. Do you think they are desperate to keep me so they can sting me with the 7.9% rise thats coming?

no idea about the prepayment meter part, but the electric at my unit is british gas. they sent a letter with price details for a new contract. various reasons, it never got sent until a month after previous expired. got a call yesterday saying the prices have expired and the new rates they were offering now are less than original and they are going to backdate it to when the previous ended...

Sidewinder    1,942
Sidewinder

Got a stutter Andy? ;)

Lurch    520
Lurch
1 hour ago, Sidewinder said:

Got a stutter Andy? ;)

I don't like to go on about it, but this forum software is a bit thick at times.

Sidewinder    1,942
Sidewinder

It's a Beta version Lurch, it has been for quite a while now, hence why we have bugs, someone has to test it.

Lurch    520
Lurch

Why not just use the stable working version? I cannot think of a worse bunch to inflict a beta version on!

Blue Duck    560
Blue Duck

I think we've been on beta's for a long while as we travel on through the galaxy at light speed looking evermore for new versions of forum software we can exploit for the benifit of ourselves and our future selves. we will look back at this moment and remember with great dignity that we dared to be different and reach out among the stars.

:slap

Andy™    2,096
Andy™
11 hours ago, Lurch said:

I don't like to go on about it, but this forum software is a bit thick at times.

yep, bug with the reply bit. it has already been reported.  unless some forums do beta testing of new versions, then you wont find a 'stable' version anywhere since it wont have been tested

Lurch    520
Lurch
4 hours ago, Andy™ said:

unless some forums do beta testing of new versions, then you wont find a 'stable' version anywhere since it wont have been tested

My point was, there are hundreds of thousands of users of IPB, some have hundreds and thousands of posts per day and the admins are constantly tweaking and fixing things. This forum is neither of those things, there is no reason to be on beta here.

None of the bugs I have reported here (or on other forums) have been fixed.