Keyb rd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T e writi g i di  pe ri g  from my keyb  rd   g in   .   It  w y   the    & the     th t  g fir t  .       :C      Hits o gaad jeb  E knaw  wharo thoy ull  ere  .  

Last edited by a moderator:
he's gone mad

I was hoping the majority of members on here were already mad?   Or if not, at least several junctions up the motorway to fully fledged madness. Otherwise the content of some previous posts from the bulk of our regulars would be very concerning without an element of mild electrical insanity in the mix. And anyone who has had to lift the bonnet of the forum inner workings,  adjusting the gap between all of the sparks plugs,  making sure no members are blowing their head gaskets, such as our very own forum tech guru Deke, would have obviously been moor susceptible to the TalkElectricianForum idiot de-rating factor, (which is 0.65x common sense value, updated to 18th edition).

Doc H.    

T e writi g i di  pe ri g  from my keyb  rd   g in   .   It  w y   the    & the     th t  g fir t  .       :C      Hits o gaad jeb  E knaw  wharo thoy ull  ere  .  
The writing is disappearing from my keyboard again .  Its always the A & the S that go first   :C Its a good job I know where they all are .   

Buy a decent keyboard and you wont have this problem! 
This one cost me a  Lady Godiva  !!   

Lidls have some gaming keyboards that look fairly sturdy!
Whats the difference ...I don't do games so are there lots of keys I don't need ?  

The last keyboard lost about 6 letters  which was too much for my memory span .    

Leaving school , the Missus trained as a copy typist  ( no computers then)   . They learned  with either blank keys or a card covering them  apparently.    It was all to do with fingers on the "Home keys "  & hitting the others automatically  without looking . 

I was told that the Qwerty  keyboard was developed to slow typists down ,  too fast & the keys jammed together.  Not sure if thats correct.  

Whats the difference ...I don't do games so are there lots of keys I don't need ? 

Dunno but they were cheap!

Tbf gaming keyboards, at least the better ones have a "mechanical" action to take heavy abuse. 

I'd happily post you a spare one but the postage would cost more than it's worth.

No thats fine  ,  I can still use this one as long ez ne moore  litters dessipeer .  

The eye & the ell  will be next  as they are now half  gone .   I'll look in the supermarket next week .  

This one cost me a  Lady Godiva  !!   

The last keyboard lost about 6 letters  which was too much for my memory span .    

Leaving school , the Missus trained as a copy typist  ( no computers then)   . They learned  with either blank keys or a card covering them  apparently.    It was all to do with fingers on the "Home keys "  & hitting the others automatically  without looking . 

I was told that the Qwerty  keyboard was developed to slow typists down ,  too fast & the keys jammed together.  Not sure if thats correct.  
Some gaming Keyboards have media buttons but there usually at the top out the way, My keyboard has backlit letters so they will never fade but then this is a £150 Razer Blackwidow. You can get something decent for 20-30 quid.

Tend to be bloody heavy too, gaming keyboards. My lads is a Logitech g910. Around the £150 mark I seem to recall. Weighs a tonne!

Mind you, you can set it to light up back and forth like a psychedelic Knightrider so well worth the money! :)