Old newbie looking for some help & advice.

Clayster

Hi there everyone. Found this forum and thought i would join as I am in need of some help. Long story short I have a yearning to go back on the tools as it where. I did an apprenticeship 1995 to 2000 at a frozen food company as an electrically biased engineer. The first year of my apprenticeship was spent at college and I did a thing called ENTRA which taught me useful stuff like ring mains, consumer units, star delta forward/reverse and all that good stuff and then I spent the next 4 years doing everything from fault finding, panel building and installation. I also did day release ONC and HNC in elec eng and 16th Edition.  I then lost my marbles completely and went to Uni in a completely different subject but did manage some further installation work during the summer holidays. Long story short I have been seriously musing becoming a subcon doing anything from new build to commercial and industrial work. I tried getting some help the the NICEIC last year but when I tried to get a CSCS card none of my qualifications would work! Is/Has anyone else out there got any idea who I could talk to to update my my qualifications so I can get in the jobs market? I know i'll need to do C&G 18th which is Ok but whats part P and all the rest of it? 

Best wishes and TIA.

Welcome and glad you found us!
Which part of your Qualies doesn’t cut the mustard? 

you will not get a CSCS card, did you ask for an ECS card? 

24 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

Welcome and glad you found us!
Which part of your Qualies doesn’t cut the mustard? 

you will not get a CSCS card, did you ask for an ECS card? 

Hi There. Yes, my apologies it was an ECS card. I think C&G 16th needs updating and also I have no NVQ3 or other such things like Part P etc and my quallies would not align with any ECS card.  

17 hours ago, Sharpend said:

So what you need is the JIB mature NVQ programme. 
https://www.jib.org.uk/experienced-worker-assessment 

this will gain you the NVQ and AM2 that you’ll need to bring you up to date. 

Thanks Sharpend. I clicked the link and as it turns out my local training provider is just around the corner. I'll go see them soon.