DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

tails...whats the crack?

danny7299

Question

meter box is on the out side... 25mm tails need bring through the wall then up to the consumer unit.

i take it , it goes with outsaying they need machanical protection so what do you guys use? its going to be dot and dab over it, so need to chase into the wall.

could i chase them in then cover over with a chunk of metel? or is that a bit "YEAH Ha cowboy!!!"

9 answers to this question

Most just drag 'em through the cavity!

Can't you tie on to existing tails and pull up? Not ideal but other option is costly and not ideal either - involving steel conduit.

SWA?

T4?

Clipped direct?

and if you do go with cavity, go with 35mm

old tails are cliped direct...

would it have to be in conduit or could you use some kind of capping but made of somthing sturdy... i will get local blacksmith block to knock somthing up.

old tails are cliped direct...

would it have to be in conduit or could you use some kind of capping but made of somthing sturdy... i will get local blacksmith block to knock somthing up.

you may be able to use a piece of earthed steel, maybe 3mm thick? should be enough to resist nails etc

What's wrong with SWA?

I did some late on last year where the tails were buried in the wall, I then placed a sheet of steel plate over the tails just screwed at the four corners, this was then meshed by the plasteres and plastered over.

The clients did not want any cables on show anywhere, it was a little extra effort but the finished look was really good.

Archived