2 gang 1 way switch replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a waste of money and time to randomly change things without ascertaining if they are faulty.

The easier thing to do without proper testing...
would have been just swap the two halves of the switch over..
as you say you knew one half was working...

rather than buying an unnecessary part.
The unnecessary part was £1.78 from tool station. Wow!

I've attached a pic.. I want to test with my multimeter. Where do I attach red and and where do I attach the black please on the lamp socket. Thanks

Attachments

• 20221113_134643.jpg
    20221113_134643.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 0
It is not a good idea for anyone to suggest how you use a multimeter to test, it isn't a safe method especially in unskilled hands.

It is not a good idea for anyone to suggest how you use a multimeter to test, it isn't a safe method especially in unskilled hands.
Ok thanks 👍 I promise I'll have my rubber gloves on and I still remember my A level Physics ... op amps etc 😂 fair enough. Thanks to everyones input and help 👍

It isn't rubber gloves you may need nor should it be taken lightly go and find an electrician.

I think it’s probably missing the neutral. Either end in the switch or fitting probably screwed down onto the insulation.

Where about roughly in the country are you, you never know if you are near one of us you might get a visit on the way past😀