Abacus 8 Volumbe

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

den123

Reaction score
hi guys can anyone please tell me how to lower the volume for the internal sounder wife says its to loud   

thanks mate i know the code thank you have looked every where on the net for it

hi mate can you tell me what  i have to do please cant see it on the manual

thanks mate i know the code thank you have looked every where on the net for it

hi mate can you tell me what  i have to do please cant see it on the manual
the engineers code is NOT the same code you use to set/unset the alarm,

you will need the engineers/installation manual, which you may or may not be able to get without proving you have permission to access,

ie, that you have a lawful need to access the 'sensitive' info that can be gleaned from such manual.

I am sure Mr Ninth will be along shortly with further advice on how to do it   :put the kettle on    :coffee     :maria:   .

Last one not needed but have only just spotted it 

Steptoes pants maybe an easier option  :pmsl1:
might need some industrial grade detergent though,   :Blushing    :|

I have to ask.

Have you done anything recently to it or its surroundings? (I am curious to know why it has "suddenly" become "so loud")

To clarify, are you saying its the speaker that is too loud?

Something like
burglar-alarm-internal-extension-speaker-12-watt-anti-tamp-honeywell-sonit1-2190-p.jpg

Or is it the keypad?

image004.jpg
And is this what yours looks like?

I gave you a link to the instructions & you say you have the engineers code.  I suggest if you cant do it now you call an alarm engineer in your area.
I would like to point out that "instructions"  you gave a link to is for the "Abacus User Guide" which is of little use in this case.

thanks how do i change to eng code A  so i can then get into volume to lower it thanks

it says you can change  in eng code  from A  B  C  D    how do i get into change what i wont  thanks

I would like to point out that "instructions"  you gave a link to is for the "Abacus User Guide" which is of little use in this case.

Quite right  :Salute    I posted the wrong link. Since then Sharpend has posted the installers instructions.

thanks how do i change to eng code A  so i can then get into volume to lower it thanks

it says you can change  in eng code  from A  B  C  D    how do i get into change what i wont  thanks
If you dont know the engineers code you are most likely stuffed. How many codes do you have ?

den123, if you can not understand the engineers manual, I suggest you disconnect the speaker, much easier.

If it helps, I never give engineer manuals to anyone because unless you are 100% sure what you are doing most alarms are very easy to "screw up" (I have even seen "alarm engineers "screw up")

thats a good answer  mate lol  remember me not to have you install an alarm  lol lol     its a burglar  alarm

thats a good answer  mate lol  remember me not to have you install an alarm  lol lol     its a burglar  alarm
I am well aware of what it is, I was trying to help. I already asked a couple of questions which you have ignored, you were then given a link to the engineers manual. If you can not understand a manual for the piece of equipment you are asking about, you have little chance of being able to achieve your goal.

Since you can not understand the manual which does answer all your questions, I had no alternative but to suggest you disconnect the speaker. If you do not wish to accept help, that is up to you.