Android appz

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that its much help to you Barx..

But I would just say that a lot of quick ref stuff or electrical Calcs that I need

I just have on Word or Excel documents that I also copy to my Blackberry...

e.g. Volt drop calcs

R1+R2 - CSA -Length calcs

Current, Power, Volts, ohms Triangles etc..

Other stuff I just look up in the books which are all together in a pilots flight case box thingy!

Quick and easy no faffing around and I can easily update and new info as & when required.

Well, hopefully mine will be more 'usuable' to us electricians.

Name wise, today I'm thinking...

Electricians HandBook

Like the sound of that and not too long. Will have to put it through the 'house of canoe' and see if I can get it passed. lol. What do you recon mate??

Steptoes secrets of rodding greenhouses ?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:55 ----------

on a more serious note,

sparks 17 shortcuts

Well, the parliamentary house of canoe had knocked back the proposal again. Think I may join a coalition with steps to over ride. :run :slap

As it stands then, 'TEF Electricians reference' it will be. :worship

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Just making fun of it mate, no need to get serious on me ;)

Apologies if I took it too far (I generally do when I get carried away.

Sorry mate,

:popcorn :coffee

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:46 ----------

I'll setup a poll tomoz. A little sleepy atm. Kettle just boilled to make my bed time brew ;)

Cable sizing would deffo be something Id give you a quid for.As canoe suggests, working backwards kinda thing, I put in OCPD size and run length, it tells me the size, oh, and 3ph capability would be great,!
That & quite a few more are free on the TLC website which i use on my droid

Here, http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/index.html

Poll is now live Here. Sorry it took so long. Been crazy busy at work and car failled it's MOT so I'vev been under it all evening changing track rod end and a few other bits.

I'm going stick a page on my website soon (over next day or so) and begin a features list. Keeping it up to date with things mentioned on here. Think it will be easier to follow there rather than sifting through this thread. Will also cross link this thread and the site page.

Thanks for everyones help on this. Just hope I can pull it of now, otherwise it's going to be a big let down for everybody who has participated. And I will become the forum Looser. lol

Also, just to note. 80 odd pages into the 'Android Application Development for dummies' book, I've decided I dont like the layout/format of these books. Should have realised earlier as I didn't like the last one I read. Anyway been out and got SAMS - Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours. Love the SAMS books; Which shows in my collection. lol

Teach yourself ******* in 24 hours books on:

ASP,

PHP,

Visual Basic 6,

Visual Basic 2010,

C#,

And maybe others that I dont remember.

I was brought up on VB at college so stuck with it. It is easy enough to pick up whenever I need to with out having to be 'at it' day on day out. But I agree and loosing interest now days. Hence the c# book. The php is about 9 years old so is pretty outdated anyway. Going to get an up to date one soon. Canoe, like I said mate, can't really afford the i-way. Dev account + a mac + an iphone to test. I only have an ipod touch and the wife has put her name on that now I have a phone that can 'do it all'. If you were to learn a new language what would you go for. /permban apple cr@p :red card

Discrimination would be really good!
Discrimination in what context mate? Are we talking a table? or an explanation of what discrimination is or something else. Not really dealt with discrimination and don't really remember seeing much about it in books (though I haven't looked at them for a while).

Cheers

Barx,

I was thinking about discrimination as in selectivity or co-ordination I think it is called now as they are more politically correct.

Schneider I think do an app for their devices, but for me it would be good to be able to do this with a broader range.

Not sure how easy it would be to code using standard fuse & breaker data?